70 roof rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, do any of the companies make one that fits? thule yakima etc?

it's getting to be the time of year where I'll need something to pack the windsurf boards around....:cool:

no, didn't search.....:grinpimp:

anyone have one for sale...?

cheers,
ryan

I had a universal Thule on my 70, worked great.

Some nice home built designs, just need a welder and some ideas.

Radd Cruisers said:
I had a universal Thule on my 70, worked great.

Some nice home built designs, just need a welder and some ideas.

those I have, time would be the missing resource....guess I'll do some checking into thules.

and woops, kinda meant to put this in the 70 section....

cheers,
ryan

The roof rack mounts may be a challenge, on my 74's roof they are different with mounts above the rear doors.

If you can find a good local welding shop, you could have an aluminum rack custom made, may be cheaper than you think....

GB

Bj74 roof rack pics

The rear RR mounts each have a aluminum tubes with a cross plate that goes length ways towards the front, giving support to the bolted RR.

:beer:

GB
Proposal 154.jpg
Proposal 156.jpg
Proposal 158.jpg

Last edited:
hey,

Basically the deal is, I can make a custom aluminum one without too much drama, have welder, decently equiped shop, opposable thumbs etc...I just don't wanna :flipoff2:

I'll look into the universal ones. everything else I own is custom to the point of lunacy, starts getting old if you can't even go buy a freakin roofrack.

cheers,
ryan

seapotato said:
hey,
everything else I own is custom to the point of lunacy, starts getting old if you can't even go buy a freakin roofrack.

cheers,
ryan

Do it dude! And then tell us all which one you choose.

:beer:

GB

on a more productive note:rolleyes:

i have a few sets of bars kicking around, some cheap-o's, some not so cheap-o's and yakima set.

all gutter style mount, but me i love the gutter! worked for years packing surfboards around on the 60 and the 42, should work for a :princess: sailboard or two. :flipoff2:

call me this week end, i'm gone on wed. am.:beer:

crusty

(will take fenders in trade:D )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom