70/80/100 Suspension Compatibility (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Team

I’m sure this question has been answered before but cannot find the answer after searching for a long time.

I wanted to know whether 80 series suspension (coils and shocks) are compatible with other Series. (I.e. can I buy a 105 series lift kit for my 80)

Im trying to buy a 2” lift kit for my 1994 HZJ80R so I can increase my towing capacity (2tonne) and fix the current handling issues (old coils are wrecked). But as you know trade is closed down and it’s been an obstacle to get parts.

I suspect some 70 series and 105 series components are the same.

All I need is front shocks. I’ve got new coils, back shocks, and replacement control arms, Panhard arm, and steering dampener.

When I see parts advertised, some say “suits fzj, hzj, hdj” etc. and others say suits “hzj” only but they look the same.

Thanks in advance.

I'm pretty sure all the J70s have had leaf springs in at least the rear from the factory.

There may have been some 70 series with coils all around but someone will have to correct me if that's the case.

I'm pretty sure all the J70s have had leaf springs in at least the rear from the factory.

There may have been some 70 series with coils all around but someone will have to correct me if that's the case.
I think you’re right, the front is coils tho, which makes sense, since the weight doesn’t really change in the front accept when braking. I’m not gonna risk buying 70’s stuff but I bet the front shocks are the same. Thanks mate

No.
105 series had solid front axle, same as 80series, almost identical frame.
100 series have IFS, and different frame/chassis

Noobs would generally refer to all 100/105 as 100series. They look the same
Haha ha! Yeah, confusing huh!

THANKS for that. Looks like I should stick with 80’s suspension. And I think 105, pre 2007, from my research. Not many people do things in roundabout ways like I do. Need the car, to start that business, to make the money, so not to be a cheap skate cutting corners.

Before

33E5A801-BD47-4E1C-990D-D8F9B43BEE31.jpeg

Afta… with 2” lovells heavy duty coils and EFS Xtra shocks…

No more squeaks!

Thanks fellas at ih8mud. Really appreciate you’re input

C89122BD-DD7B-44D4-A415-23906185A47B.jpeg

And as I discovered, as some fellas mentioned, you were right, 80 series and 105 series suspension is the same. And late 70 series have the same front suspension, but leafs in the back, but of course it depends on whether it’s been modified, as it’s also correct that some 70 series have leafs all round. So it really depends on what is already on there, and perhaps what diff?? Because these days, there’s a lot of mix and matching going on.

Anyway, I’m my case, 500 kg constant weight coils in the back with airbags, should last a nice long time while towing my coffee trailer.

And as I discovered, as some fellas mentioned, you were right, 80 series and 105 series suspension is the same. And late 70 series have the same front suspension, but leafs in the back, but of course it depends on whether it’s been modified, as it’s also correct that some 70 series have leafs all round. So it really depends on what is already on there, and perhaps what diff?? Because these days, there’s a lot of mix and matching going on.

Anyway, I’m my case, 500 kg constant weight coils in the back with airbags, should last a nice long time while towing my coffee trailer.

All 70-series went front coil suspension in 1998/99.

Cheers

LJ70 Land Cruisers are considered light duty and have coils all the way around similar in design to the 80s front suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom