7-pin plug mount options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My hitch receiver hangs below my rear bumper. My 7-pin plug bracket hangs off the bottom of that. It's pretty flimsy, too. Has anyone tried different mounting options for the plug? I'm not sure where else it could go and still be accessible, but I've already bent it once and stuffed the plug into dirt while backing up to an embankment.

I would love to know this too! I was thinking about mounting right on the bumper sort of like a Dissent bumper but I want it to look more clean. Mine has gotten all bent up from rocks since its the lowest thing back there. I've already had to replace some of the wires since the sheath got scrapped off too. Not a good time.

Edit - Apparently you guys are faster typists than I am. Thanks for the solution @loeky!

I wired mine up last October. I mounted it right under the bumper. Pretty tucked away.

IMG_20181014_121739.jpg

Do you have a picture of what the mounting plate actually attaches to? I am having a hard time picturing what that is hanging on to.

Don't seem to have a picture on hand. The Curt adapter that I have installed comes with a mounting bracket in an L shape. I used 2 self tapping metal screws to anchored it into the rear cross member.

Here's how it's mounted. Finally got around to snapping some pics.

IMG_20190426_124846.jpg

IMG_20190426_124813.jpg

That's a good spot. My hitch must be a different type, it comes out further, it's just behind the bumper (below that cross member I guess). I went ahead and bought the one loeky linked to, haven't installed it yet though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom