Wanted 69' FJ40 Seat Pull handle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_7674.PNG
Am looking for 2 of these--SOR has discontinued it. See below for pix.

View attachment 1672887 Am looking for 2 of these--SOR has discontinued it. See below for pix.

I have often wondered if a garden faucet handle could be modified for this. I bought the last NOS one from Mr. T for my ‘68 back in ‘92.

Man, another unobtanium? I would buy a non-NOS but Spector does not offer anymore. Will try and hunt for one-- am sure someone in US has a couple for sale,

If you find a source, I need 1 and a half of them. I have half of one with an arm of the T broke off. Well two whole ones actually.

If you find a source, I need 1 and a half of them. I have half of one with an arm of the T broke off. Well two whole ones actually.

Will do--am stupidly relentless on unubtanium

Correction, I only need one. The seats have the mount on both sides (so they can go in a LH or a RH drive). FYI the handle is very comfortable to pull if you find a broken one. I didn't notice half of one wasn't OEM until I noticed the "T" on the passenger side.
Here are some pics for your search image.
20180408_220858.jpg
20180408_220924.jpg

These seats are out of an early '68 build titled in 1969, but they seem different then your '69 image.

Last edited:
Just spoke with Man a Fre--- they are checking to see if they have it. My rig was FST and I don't have rear seats so really no reason to have to move seats but nice to have handle in any event.

Man a Fre has one handle and I just bought it ($45). I am in contact with Jesus (he is a forum member who made replicas of this handle). He is checking to see if he has any laying around and I will report back to you HelloKitty65 when I hear back. Martin

Man a Fre has one handle and I just bought it ($45). I am in contact with Jesus (he is a forum member who made replicas of this handle). He is checking to see if he has any laying around and I will report back to you HelloKitty65 when I hear back. Martin
Thanks Martin!

Bumping this. So, I received the one handle from Man a Fre and and am looking for one more. I paid $45 for the one from Man a Fre (kind of steep) but will pay the same price for another one if someone has it. HelloKitty65 needs 1 as well btw. Thanks in advance. Martin

Just FYI - I contacted SOR and asked if they are gonna offer their repops again and he said they’re disco’d by the manufacturer. I need one more, too.

I even checked gumtree AU--no dice. Am sure they are out there somewhere. I think these are actually more rare than the Vader light--in fact, I am sure of it.

Friday bump. Still looking for one more handle. I paid Man-a-Fre $45 for one. I will pay any of you who has one $75--am hoping this is sufficient incentive for you guys to look through your parts inventory for this unobtanium part. Thanks in advance. Martin

I asked @beno if he could track them down from his sources but he declined. If he were able to get 50 of them, I bet he could sell them all.

I asked @beno if he could track them down from his sources but he declined. If he were able to get 50 of them, I bet he could sell them all.

I do not doubt that Rigger!!

I think what @andybudge is going through should serve as an object lesson for anyone considering reproducing parts like this.

Okay— bumping this want ad and raising offer to $100 for one of those handles in good condition. Thanks. Martin

Have concluded this is unobtanium— will see if Man-A-Fre has another one for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom