64 45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
7C5A9D5E-CA25-4131-BD54-A9912A1B3BF1.jpeg
C9300DC4-F22F-4F4E-A4A2-B136B2041EEA.jpeg

Anyone know where I may be able to find these. Cannot find a wiring diagram. This is on a 64fj45

@ClemsonCruiser should be able to provide wiring expertise on this early stuff.

2nd pic is the horn relay. OEM horn relay part numbers depending on which horns you have:
Denso 86530-20040
Maruko 86530-20030

Either relay will work, but they’re NLA new and the handful of used/NOS ones in “inventory” are difficult to acquire unless you can find a sympathetic heart. I’ve got a third party one that works on my 45, I’ll see if I can find the reference.

Here’s a link to the thread posting that pointed me to a workable third party horn relay:
After failing to find a horn relay that would work on my rig w/o modification at 2 modern full service parts houses, I paid a visit to the old fashioned, same-family-owned-since-1960 non-computerized parts place across town. Went to the counter, showed my non-working Denso to the 2 women and 1 guy behind the counter, and said I needed an old fashioned 3 terminal horn relay with screw terminals, and if it was similar in shape and mounting, even better. All 3 looked at mine, and after a few seconds the man said, “Wells HR610.” One of the women walked down a back aisle, came back with this one. Works great, now both horns work!

View attachment 1657973

BTW, the OEM numbers listed in previous post are out of a ‘65 parts book. At some point right around ‘64 or ‘65 the OEM relays went from a metal covered one to a plastic covered one. Not sure which the above part numbers point to. Either will work electrically, but you can’t swap a plastic cover with a metal cover, they’re slightly different size-wise I guess.

I have a used relay, I think it is for the horn. It looks like the un-burned version pictured above. The cover is plastic. It came with a group of parts from a 69' LBP I purchased. I don't know if it works or not but it appears to be in working condition. If anyone is interested send me a PM.

Poose,

I found this color highlighted schematic particularly helpful. (also at Coolerman's website)

PS. A little late to the posting party.

pre1972_FJ40_wiring_diagram1.png

pre1972_FJ40_wiring_diagram2.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom