62 trans rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nowhere near you, but Abercrombie Transmission in Douglasville did a great job on my 62 trans a few years ago.

I’m in need of a good trans shop to rebuild my stock trans in my 88/62. Where should I go? Thanks,
Derrick

Have you checked with ACC and/or Peter Merriam on recommendations? Might be a dead end, but they might have direct experience of use.
Good luck

Have you checked with ACC and/or Peter Merriam on recommendations? Might be a dead end, but they might have direct experience of use.
Good luck
I have checked with Peter and followed up with his recommendations and I think I’m going to try out Abercrombie transmission. I spoke to the owner this afternoon and he has been in business for 40 years and has rebuilt several over the years. I’ll report back.

Ok so time for an update on this. I performed several adjustments to the kick down cable before replacing it along with the filter due to the transmission not shifting correctly....consistently. I would go for a while without problems and then all of a sudden it wouldn’t get out of first on its own. so I decided to call Tim at Abercrombie Transmission. These guys are top notch and definitely know what they are doing. I dropped it off a week ago and picked it up today. I drove it around town a little today and it has never shifted so well. I highly recommend them and thanks @bcart1991 for suggesting them.

C510D2F8-FCDA-4938-87C6-8931B9EAC769.jpeg

Ok so time for an update on this. I performed several adjustments to the kick down cable before replacing it along with the filter due to the transmission not shifting correctly....consistently. I would go for a while without problems and then all of a sudden it wouldn’t get out of first on its own. so I decided to call Tim at Abercrombie Transmission. These guys are top notch and definitely know what they are doing. I dropped it off a week ago and picked it up today. I drove it around town a little today and it has never shifted so well. I highly recommend them and thanks @bcart1991 for suggesting them.

View attachment 2612495
If you don't mind what was the $ damage. Thanks
:beer: ✌️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom