60s of Bay Area, Santa Cruz, Monterey and sourrounding areas (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@ro11dice never been, but my wife gave me a hallpass to use for off-roading. Never been to Hollister before, but I hear good things and supposedly its really up to you how gnarly you want to go.

Looks like a fun time.

let me know if you go. i would need to fix one of my front locking hubs (it's stuck on free) if i went. i'd limit it to the easy trails for now. plus my 60 is pretty stock.

but still down for a santa cruz meet up. anyone else?

@ro11dice I have a stock suspension myself. No lockers. Running 31" tires. So other than work I have done on the engine (like new cooling system) - there is no mechanical advantage yet. Although I would love to get a locker and a lift going on in the near future.

But yeah, will let you know. Are you in South/East Bay/Monterey?

@ro11dice I have a stock suspension myself. No lockers. Running 31" tires. So other than work I have done on the engine (like new cooling system) - there is no mechanical advantage yet. Although I would love to get a locker and a lift going on in the near future.

But yeah, will let you know. Are you in South/East Bay/Monterey?

Sounds like itll be a good race on the drag strip then. lol. You may have the advantage because I just went from 31" to 33" tires. I'm in the East Bay.

Lets talk about some dates than a location....how does that sound?

what do you guys think about inviting the 40's and 80's?

How about after spring break so maybe mid April? Maybe the weekend of the 13th or 20th of April?

Some overland bound guys met in Davenport at Whale city. there is a huge lot across the street. Plenty of space if we get there early.
Or we could meet at the lighthouse in one of the lots but that is hit or miss with space as it gets busy.

What do you guys think? Im willing to help organize but can't do it alone

@ravenplague

Lets talk about some dates than a location....how does that sound? Sounds good!

what do you guys think about inviting the 40's and 80's? As long as it doesn't make me want one after the meet, then I'm good with that. My hands/wallet can only handle my 60 at the moment. :)

How about after spring break so maybe mid April? Maybe the weekend of the 13th or 20th of April? 13th/14th are good. 20th is iffy depending on Easter plans (21st). 27th/28th is open as well.

Some overland bound guys met in Davenport at Whale city. there is a huge lot across the street. Plenty of space if we get there early.
Or we could meet at the lighthouse in one of the lots but that is hit or miss with space as it gets busy.

What do you guys think? Im willing to help organize but can't do it alone Perhaps start a new thread over at Trails - Events - Expeditions section since it's not 60/62 specific to include 40s and 80s?

What's up folks! I'm back in the Bay Area. Currently living in Berkeley and I just got the ol' boy to pass smog. I'll try to keep up on this thread for the next meetup!

I was just looking for this thread the other day and couldn’t find it.

My 60 is up and running finally and it too is 2 legit to quit (passed smog) as well.

Been trying to think of an East Bay coffee shop with a large parking lot. Maybe the new Peet’s next to the Safeway that was just remodeled off of Redwood road would work.

let’s meet up! Or go to Holister.

joe

s*** I moved out to Davis, but willing to make a drive. Will keep an eye out for dates/location

Hey folks! Reporting in from San Francisco. Absolutely down for a meetup (have never actually been off-roading before!), but it's going to be a few months for me until I straighten out quite a few things (Build - Kara the white '84 FJ60).

In the same "smog" boat. Was out of reg for a while with finishing school and whatnot. Almost sold too. Fortunately I think I'm back in the building boat. I just fixed my lights switch and the horn contacts. Moving on to more fun things.

Maybe a local meetup to prepare for a longer day at some point? I would be cool with a coffee shop local to East Bay or SF say Sunday the 19th?

@Taylorious is a childhood friend of mine and also in the area, I'll keep him in the loop as well.

s*** I moved out to Davis, but willing to make a drive. Will keep an eye out for dates/location

I'm out there somewhat regularly as well. Feel free to keep in touch.

Maybe a local meetup to prepare for a longer day at some point? I would be cool with a coffee shop local to East Bay or SF say Sunday the 19th?

My daughter has a volleyball tournament 19/20 but I don't have the specifics yet. Can we through out the following weekend dates as an option too? Sat or Sun, Jan 25 or 26?

Hey All, just want to jump in here too. I am in South San Jose with an 85 that is currently up on blocks and cant pass smog, but I would love to meet some folks!

Hey folks, just bumping this thread to see if any Bay Area folks happen to know anyone who's doing a LS swap or other swap soon and might have a 2F lying around. Need to swap a new one into mine since I blew the gasket, rings, and probably worse on mine 😞

As mention before I would try and call the local shops around mudraks, and George at valley hybrids. Also haven’t heard if anyone ever did a meetup here. Would anyone be interested?

I just spent a while trying to track that listing down and I’m pretty sure it’s from engines-usa.com in SoCal (judging from this identical eBay listing Fj80 Toyota Land Cruiser 1993-1994 Engine 6 CYL 1fzfe 1fz-fe 211k for sale online | eBay). I haven’t heard of this place before, going to look into it more. They have one recent bad eBay review and some nastygrams left at the BBB.

@kenavt - Good catch. It does look the same based on the background.

As mention before I would try and call the local shops around mudraks, and George at valley hybrids. Also haven’t heard if anyone ever did a meetup here. Would anyone be interested?
@MrK - I'm interested in a meet up...but my smog pump just seized on me so i have to put in a new-to-me used one and a new ps pump in before I can take my 60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom