60s of Bay Area, Santa Cruz, Monterey and sourrounding areas (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And... I just realized that eBay link I posted is apparently for a 1FZ but the Craigslist post is for a 2F despite a bunch of the pictures being the same. And the Craigslist post uses singular pronouns "I" (when you'd think it would be "we") ... weird.

@MrK - I'm interested in a meet up...but my smog pump just seized on me so i have to put in a new-to-me used one and a new ps pump in before I can take my 60.

I would be interested too... socially distanced and probably in the new year once I get my 60 straightened out per above.

Last I talked to Gary at Mudrak and Georg at Valley Hybrids about a month ago they didn't have anything (other then long, long backlogs for them to do the work themselves) but I should check in with them again.

Hey folks, just bumping this thread to see if any Bay Area folks happen to know anyone who's doing a LS swap or other swap soon and might have a 2F lying around. Need to swap a new one into mine since I blew the gasket, rings, and probably worse on mine 😞
The 2F in my 60 should be coming out sometime between December and February.... assuming things go as planned for the rest of the year. It runs great, but unfortunately has some damage to the keyway in the nose of the crankshaft that the main crank pulley keys into. It could be run as is, but if it is out of the truck it would probably be best to replace the crankshaft and do a rebuild. Let me know if its something that might work for you.

Are you planning on replacing it yourself, or having a shop do the work? If you're doing it yourself, you might also be able to get a used engine from Valley Hybrids or Mudrak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom