60 Series Parabolic Springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there,

Im from Australia and cannot seem to find anywhere local or international that makes parabolic leaf springs to suit the 60 series.

Does anyone know a company who still makes them?

Or does anyone know if 75 series leaf springs can be made to suit 60 series as I have found a few companies who still make parabolics for the 75.

Any info would be great,

Cheers

There was a thread on here a few years back. Do a "Search" for Parabolic Springs I'm sure it'll pop up.

Parabolicsuspension.com in the Netherlands has a setup for the 60 series .

They didn't get good reviews in the states. Man-a-fre was an original dealer and ended up liquidating the last of them for pennies on the dollar.
About 50 dollars a piece as I recall.
There were serious fitment issues at first. By the time things got corrected the damage was done and he couldn't sell them

The place in the netherlands needs minimum 40 orders to make them. :(

I have read all threads about them but as stated most are years old.

Can anyone tell me if 75 series leaves will fit up to a 60 and if so what modifications?

G'day mate if you go to perth4x4.net there is a couple of guys who fitted them during there builds and they took them off basically the ride was terrible and they were not impressed with them at all.

They didn't get good reviews in the states. Man-a-fre was an original dealer and ended up liquidating the last of them for pennies on the dollar.
About 50 dollars a piece as I recall.
There were serious fitment issues at first. By the time things got corrected the damage was done and he couldn't sell them

This is good to know...

Yeah parabolics were a fad and needed serious shocks to calm them. They have an application and it's not a DD 60 series, you'd be better off with a semi elliptical buggy or 3/4 spring if you're looking for serious off road leaf articulation.
Otherwise stick with off the shelf or buy an 80 or convert to coils or something.

In the event that anyone is watching this thread I'm wondering if ya'll have investigated the new FJ60 Terrain Tamer parabolic springs. I'm considering them for my '87 but hoping to find some first hand experience first. Cheers!

Hi, Personally get the OME s. I’ve never had a problem in 20 years On any of my rigs.

Hi, Personally get the OME s. I’ve never had a problem in 20 years On any of my rigs.
Thanks! Currently I have OME. I'm about to swap axles for some cable locked ones so I'm considering upgrading shocks and springs. I've read great things about the dobinsons but saw the Terrain Tamers advertised recently so I thought I would do some research.

Contact Alcan Springs. They’ll custom make them for you. I’ve had mine for over 10 years and have really good articulation. Highly recommended.

Standard leaf springs that are custom made to your specs

In the event that anyone is watching this thread I'm wondering if ya'll have investigated the new FJ60 Terrain Tamer parabolic springs. I'm considering them for my '87 but hoping to find some first hand experience first. Cheers!
Have you found any reviews of these parabolics yet? I’m ready to pull the trigger on either these or regular Dobinsons.

Have you found any reviews of these parabolics yet? I’m ready to pull the trigger on either these or regular Dobinsons.
Not for the 60 series. I’ve heard that folks love them for the 70’s. It’s a new product so it may take a while for them to seep into the market. I’ve read and heard great things about the Dobinsons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom