60 lights and grill on a 62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, so I think that I am going to keep the ole MUTTRUK and repair the damage ( previous thread "Is it worth fixing" ), I took the grill, lights bumper, front panel and fenders off today- they were all trash after the wreck.

What are the other pieces that need to be switched in order to put 60 headlights and grill on a 62- I admit it I prefer the look of the 60, but went with EFI as the bigger requirement. Now I can have both.

Besides the radiator and radiator support (that also have to be replaced anyway) the hood latch and such is there any other major modifications that need to made in order install the 60 front end?

What has to be done with the wiring harness for the lights?

Thanks
Brian

Good on you for saving it, I'll withhold my opinion on the other part :p

I believe either 60 or 62 fenders will work. Need a 60 core support, lower valance, headlight harness, headlights, headlight doors/turn markers and grill. That should be it :cheers:

I am doing the exact same thing you are. I went on SOR website and used their part pics to figure out what will work with each other. The parts are hard to find new. I was told that i had ordered the last radiator support and head light "dishes" from the parts barn. As far as the light harness you might as well upgrade. I am going with SLC62 harness, he is making it up for me now. I will be running roundeyes, they have free shipping right now. I have been doing alot of searching for parts at the cheapest price. If you need help PM me. I am sitting around with a broken collar bone bored off my ass.

Does anyone know if the radiator supports are spot welded to the fenders? If they are what is the best way to get them off?

Dear God
not this.jpg

Core supports are bolted to fenders and frame.

Man, how the Hell did ya brake the collar bone ?

I was on my buddies RZR, we put new rims and tires on it and went down my dirt road and turned around at .02mph and the damn thing fliped on my side. I heard a snap and had a mans ass in my face. Bad night, we weren't even messin' around. 2 weeks out of work and a lot of pain pills fun

Ouch !

Those quads are damn dangerous... those even have a roll cage.

Well, at least it wasn't your neck.

Quick healing to you.

......What has to be done with the wiring harness for the lights?

The FJ60 and the FJ62 do not share the same headlight pin layout, so you will need an adapter to use the FJ60 headlights in your FJ62, or you could buy/build a new harness. If you do much driving in the dark, I recommend a new harness. Especially since you are going from 4 headlights down to 2. ;)

Lights thought

So with the four headlight down to 2 there are four harnesses starting. Once down to two headlights there will be two remaining harnesses. Is it possible to wire so that when the brights are turned on they would come on in the headlights and then on some auxilary lights??

So with the four headlight down to 2 there are four harnesses starting. Once down to two headlights there will be two remaining harnesses. Is it possible to wire so that when the brights are turned on they would come on in the headlights and then on some auxilary lights??

Yes, it would be possible as long as you did not exceed the watts of the original lights. The stock headlight wiring is barely adequate. Also remember that Toyota uses switched ground to turn the lights on and off. So if you wire the now unused high beams to aux lights, make sure the lights can be used with a switched ground system. For instance, if the light housing is also ground for the light, then your Aux lights would always be on anytime your headlights are turned on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom