6 pin voltage regulator wiring help (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
9DAE86FC-DA46-4788-B931-1F3BD2ED5D6D.jpeg
BEFEB0C7-5EE5-4EB8-BCC4-ACC94F7F025B.jpeg
I have the attached Voltage Regulator (Toyota 27700-54040-84) I’m attempting to wire into a harness I’m building for a 1982 FJ43. For the life of me, I can’t determine with certainty what wire is what and I’m asking to prevent frying the unit.

I believe (but looking to confirm) the following:

IG = red wire
N = White wire
F = Green wire
E = Yellow wire
L = Black wire
B = Blue wire

IG N F
— — —
— — —
E L B

And when looking at a 1982 wiring schematic, do both the IG and E go to ground/earth? Asking because earlier years (1980) did not ground the IG via a condenser...so I’m confused.

View attachment 1828079 View attachment 1828080 I have the attached Voltage Regulator (Toyota 27700-54040-84) I’m attempting to wire into a harness I’m building for a 1982 FJ43. For the life of me, I can’t determine with certainty what wire is what and I’m asking to prevent frying the unit.

I believe (but looking to confirm) the following:

IG = red wire
N = White wire
F = Green wire
E = Yellow wire
L = Black wire
B = Blue wire

IG N F
— — —
— —
E L B

And when looking at a 1982 wiring schematic, do both the IG and E go to ground/earth? Asking because earlier years (1980) did not ground the IG via a condenser...so I’m confused.

u do understand that the primary color wires on the 54040 regulator side are simply the Tracer stripe wire colors on the harness side

so solid yellow = white with a yellow tracer stripe

hope that helps ..........

But to my original problem: I’m building a wiring harness from scratch because the old one was bastardized by PO and doesn’t match specs (or anything close...it had a ford four pin VR). So I’m having to recreate the wheel.

I need to determine what color wire corresponds to what function: IG N E F B and N.

But to my original problem: I’m building a wiring harness from scratch because the old one was bastardized by PO and doesn’t match specs (or anything close...it had a ford four pin VR). So I’m having to recreate the wheel.

I need to determine what color wire corresponds to what function: IG N E F B and N.

alot of this depends on what alternator u are running ?

do u have a factory EWD , Both USA & NON-USA

The big Tan Chassis Body FSM has some great diagrams that cover both applications #36044 & #36044E

Do U have a 30a AMP meter cluster
or
A 50a AMP meter cluster

u should have a 50A AMP on a FJ43L-KC 1982

C4BF6438-C691-4BF0-8065-11C1DBFD8182.jpeg

The big Tan Chassis Body FSM has some great diagrams that cover both applications #36044 & #36044E

I have a 12v Altenator that runs F N E and B.

off topic :

it looks like u have a Illuminated back-Lit knob Hazard switch in your photo just under your radio ?

Do U have a 30a AMP meter cluster
or
A 50a AMP meter cluster

u should have a 50A AMP on a FJ43L-KC 1982

I’m not sure honestly. It came with the charging indicator light next to the parking brake. I’m planning on wiring it to US specs as near as I can. My alternator is a 30amp.

7526E028-568A-44D4-B3DD-7543A02BD1B2.png

I’m sorry: I have a 50 amp. Here are the specs.

New wire harness - Red wire w/ black tracer stripe : Interior Illumination

your old FJ43 harness had a solid green wire feeding the Cluster illumination ( most likley )

Last edited:
Last edited:
this should be what your after ?

let me know if this helps or not , I have other diagrams & Print Media FSM's EWD's for what your trying to do

DSCN9830.JPG
DSCN9831.JPG
DSCN9832.JPG
DSCN9833.JPG
DSCN9834.JPG

Woke up to a hijacked thread. To get us back on track, I am asking the original question in another way:

I have the voltage regulator in this picture (borrowed from another thread) I am creating a new wire harness because old one didn’t exist and I’m starting from scratch. Help me identify the wires coming out

red wire = what?
White wire = what?
Green wire = what?
Yellow wire = what?
Black wire = what?
Blue wire = what?

They are what of the following choices?

IG N F
— — —
— — —
E L B

To answer any other questions, I have a 50 amp alternator and instrument cluster. The alternator has E F N and B connectors with an external voltage regulator pictured.
D6C2530F-6E1B-4615-AE6B-B9AB507371E9.png
0481F0FA-45A2-44D3-BF34-1C40C4FE92B9.jpeg

Thank you. You can direct message me with questions not related to the above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom