6 OEM Crossbars for low profile cheap rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very nice! The trick is finding extra crossbars for a reasonable price :). @bentonrover - did you find them from people who were installing aftermarket racks? I think the roof looks quite a bit better with the extra crossbars. There are definitely tradeoffs to this solution in that most/all of the aftermarket racks have a lot more flexibility in mounting stuff to them and accessories that work with the rack.

I have a stock rack looking to sell for a reasonable price, just don’t feel like shipping. St. Louis Mo, makes a good stop on a road trip

I have a stock rack looking to sell for a reasonable price, just don’t feel like shipping. St. Louis Mo, makes a good stop on a road trip
That's a bit more of a road trip than I want to get into at the moment :).

I ran that Tepui ruggedized kukenam 3 on my factory rack last week with no issues. I borrowed two additional crossbars from a friend with the same year 200 for the trip. From the suggestions of @TeCKis300, I put two crossbars as far forward as possible, one as far back as possible, and the last spaced evenly. RTT attached to the first and last crossbar. Everything worked great all week.

Very nice! The trick is finding extra crossbars for a reasonable price :). @bentonrover - did you find them from people who were installing aftermarket racks? I think the roof looks quite a bit better with the extra crossbars. There are definitely tradeoffs to this solution in that most/all of the aftermarket racks have a lot more flexibility in mounting stuff to them and accessories that work with the rack.

I found 2 on here. Pretty much paid for shipping. Then 2 more from ebay. They fit and installed without issues. They have a strip of rubber on top which is nice.

Screenshot_20210318-132640_eBay.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom