6-9-2012 Wheeling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tontorecreationalliance.org
Meeting at the gas station previously known as Baja for some play. Likely nothing challenging, something to the pines like, 4Peaks, Mount Ord, etc.

Time?

is that 09:00 for me and 09:30 for everyone else:D?

Tools R Us said:
We will wait for a bit,,, maybe?:hillbilly:

How did I wind up at The former Ba'ja first?

Log Crawlin':steer::hillbilly:

photo5.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo6.jpg

great day :bounce:

considering I had to wheel without a fan clutch :doh: :hillbilly:

temperature went up faster than normal already by 10 miles out of the gas station - tried to check it out, but because of a smaller fire, several exits were blocked by the sheriff's office - eventually, Michael confirmed: fan clutch kaputt - Kevin and Carl were long gone up the hill

so we decided to proceed, watching the temp gauge closely - electric pusher fan was able to keep it at the second peg - since nobody felt like wrenching, we went wheeling :steer:

pusher fan saved the day :bounce:

Ended up in Payson, warm, but better than here, nice breeze most of the day,

Played on the slabs for a while, only took ~an hour to make it to the traditional lunch spot.

6-9-2012_1.jpg

6-9-2012_2.jpg

6-9-2012_3.jpg

Went out the backway, took different turns than in the past. The trees were tall, some big and close together, often had to squeeze between. That there is a stump, like 6' x 3' across the cut face big!:hillbilly:

6-9-2012_10.jpg

6-9-2012_11.jpg

The trail climbed the ridge, cruised along the crest and came out near Diamond Point. Great trail, little used, good views, much better than wrenching!:wrench:

6-9-2012_15.jpg

6-9-2012_16.jpg

Cool...
New truck looking good there Carl!

Thanks Murf - (and Kevin & John who installed the lift and a fefw other odds and ends:wrench::cheers:) -
It was a bit of a learning experience going from the FJ Cruiser to the 80. I guess size DOES matter;). Seven inches is huge:eek:! My biggest obstacle now is not to become overconfident in the rig:bounce:.

Thanks Murf - (and Kevin & John who installed the lift and a fefw other odds and ends:wrench::cheers:) -
It was a bit of a learning experience going from the FJ Cruiser to the 80. I guess size DOES matter;). Seven inches is huge:eek:! My biggest obstacle now is not to become overconfident in the rig:bounce:.
So, I guess that means you like it??

Thanks everyone, it was a really neat trip. Carl's new truck is working well :):

DSC_4532.jpg

DSC_4535.jpg

DSC_4522.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom