$500 rust free fj60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I'm working out of town. Staying in sardis GA . I've been driving my rusty but trusty 84 fj60 daily for over a year now. Theres a nice unadvertised old school mechanic across the street from me. I've had him do some work on my 60 a few times. About a week ago I see a blue fj60 parked at his shop. I go take a look at it. It's all original and rust free, no bubbles or holes anywhere. Yesterday driving through the small town of sardis, a guy waved me down in his car and tells me hes the owner of the blue 60. I asked him where he found it and he replies, " I bought it in Augusta GA for $500 from an older lady" I about choked.

So I'm working out of town. Staying in sardis GA . I've been driving my rusty but trusty 84 fj60 daily for over a year now. Theres a nice unadvertised old school mechanic across the street from me. I've had him do some work on my 60 a few times. About a week ago I see a blue fj60 parked at his shop. I go take a look at it. It's all original and rust free, no bubbles or holes anywhere. Yesterday driving through the small town of sardis, a guy waved me down in his car and tells me hes the owner of the blue 60. I asked him where he found it and he replies, " I bought it in Augusta GA for $500 from an older lady" I about choked.

20200530_194930.jpg

20200530_194956.jpg

20200530_195016.jpg

20200530_195120.jpg

Looks like a respray. Front bumper appears painted as do the front spring hangers....makes me suspicious of other things that might make $500 seem like still a good deal but maybe not as much of a steal

Yeah
Looks like a respray. Front bumper appears painted as do the front spring hangers....makes me suspicious of other things that might make $500 seem like still a good deal but maybe not as much of a steal
I noticed all that but I looked under it and its solid

I'm daily driving one with rust holes filled with great stuff

A running driving 60 is worth $500 even if half the body is rotted off. Just saying I'd be curious what a full exam revealed.

The paint was dead when I bought it, so I used buffing compound to shine it up. I actually scuffed the bumper up and sprayed it with galvanized fence paint, because it looked better than rust.

Just to give you guys some background: I bought the FJ60 for the steal mentioned above. I wasn’t looking for a Cruiser but at that price I couldn’t pass it up. It sat in my grandmother’s friends apartment building for over 6 months. I talked her into selling it to me and getting it out of title pawn. I ordered a starter for it, put it on in the parking lot and drove it home.

116A6004-ED35-454F-B537-9676360236CF.jpeg

D0BD3FFE-BEEB-4754-80E3-F5C1E6AD072C.jpeg

77291590-19E1-4333-8B3F-064AB2F93349.jpeg

95A8CAA2-4497-4F8E-98C6-754F2099049C.jpeg

Just to give you guys some background: I bought the FJ60 for the steal mentioned above. I wasn’t looking for a Cruiser but at that price I couldn’t pass it up. It sat in my grandmother’s friends apartment building for over 6 months. I talked her into selling it to me and getting it out of title pawn. I ordered a starter for it, put it on in the parking lot and drove it home.

View attachment 2379382

View attachment 2379383

View attachment 2379384

View attachment 2379385

Forgot to mention. I am the 3rd owner. The first was a school teacher here in Augusta, Ga. The Cruiser was purchased new here at a dealership named Borne Toyota and was serviced there until it went out of business. The PO just drove it and didn’t do any maintenance to it.

I paid $1500 for my completely rust free original paint 147k miles 62 that was shipped here from California, I mean the frame is still factory black. I wasn't even looking, the lady came to me, she bought my 03 Tundra and then offered the 62 to me. I about s*** my pants, and she knew what it was worth but she's owned it forever and it was more important to her to go to someone who can bring it back to it's glory, and I'm the local Toyota guy who is always working on and restoring old Toyota's. She comes by to visit on occasion, and last week told me she's so glad that I ended up with it. I told her I am forever grateful and I'll never sell it.

It was faded when I got it, but buffed out ok. Ran like s***, but was just the egr stuck open. Suspension was sagged out but new Ironman springs and Bilsteins got that sorted. She's coming along nice but it's a 3 year plan to get it where I want it.

20190916_102343.jpg

IMG_20200524_142718.jpg

20191023_123817.jpg

View attachment 2379382

View attachment 2379383

View attachment 2379384

View attachment 2379385
Nice Buddy O this site is a good place to learn how to work on these things

I paid $1500 for my completely rust free original paint 147k miles 62 that was shipped here from California, I mean the frame is still factory black. I wasn't even looking, the lady came to me, she bought my 03 Tundra and then offered the 62 to me. I about s*** my pants, and she knew what it was worth but she's owned it forever and it was more important to her to go to someone who can bring it back to it's glory, and I'm the local Toyota guy who is always working on and restoring old Toyota's. She comes by to visit on occasion, and last week told me she's so glad that I ended up with it. I told her I am forever grateful and I'll never sell it.

It was faded when I got it, but buffed out ok. Ran like s***, but was just the egr stuck open. Suspension was sagged out but new Ironman springs and Bilsteins got that sorted. She's coming along nice but it's a 3 year plan to get it where I want it.

View attachment 2379451
View attachment 2379455
View attachment 2379464
Looks great! I usually don't like more "modern" Toyota wheels on these older trucks, but I have to say your Tundra / Sequoia wheels look really good on there

What a deal! (Seats look great also. Let me know when you get ready for some carpet.......)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom