Bandeirante 50 yrs of Bandeirante in Brazil (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
To celebrate half century since the first Bandeirante was manufactured in Brazil, some cruizer owners were selected to be interviewed.
It was an awesome opportunity to go to Maracangalha, 60 km off Salvador where the interviews and recording took place.
No fake scenes, all real!
I can't wait to see the documentary!
:cheers:

Oh! What a tease that was...

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Oh! What a tease that was...
My beautiful wife is Brazilian so I have been to Brazil of course and what a beautiful place once you get out of the city. When I saw my first Bandeitante I thought it was and Fj40 until I got closer to it. I saw crew cab models with flat beds and single cab models with large flat beds and canvas enclosures as well and of course they made that beautiful sound that only a Diesel engine can make.

Man, I just wonder what hoops to jump through to get a FJ43 size Bandi out of there?
ICON was the only one to get a couple rigs out to the USA.

Yeah I don't know anything about that. I have heard that once they hit 25 years old it's not a problem to import them here. There's nothing like seeing a cruiser bounce down a cobble stone street in a third world setting!

There is more to importing from Brazil than just the 25 yr rule... There are export rules that constrict most everything unless you pay $$$$ Stupid big hoops to jump thru

The reason Jonathan Ward was able to get those bandi's was because he was doing the prototype cruiser for Toyota ... He has several that he had to work with... Basically Toyota brought them in and JW mod'd them

There are a few others here and there... I think three that were drove by their individual
Owners ... Then you can get one here... But... It's a long drive :)

It seems that these countries are aware of the popularity of these rigs and want big $ to get them out, let them go. Not impossible but dam close to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom