5 speed install in a FJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello

just checking to see if anyone has done this in a FJ62 or a FJ80

thanks
Carl

[quote author=cimahar link=board=2;threadid=6691;start=msg54777#msg54777 date=1066997968]
Hello
thanks
Carl[/quote]

Sure many have along with stinkies too. You're talking about in OZ right since you didn't mention where you are. ::) :flipoff2:

[quote author=cimahar link=board=2;threadid=6691;start=msg54777#msg54777 date=1066997968]
Hello

thanks
Carl
[/quote]

Man-a-fre imports 60-series 5-speed trannies that supposedly bolt right up for later 60 series cruisers, but IIRC, I asked them why they didn't import 80/100 series manual trannies, and their reply was getting around the smog regs was a nightmare on newer vehicles. Of course, if you have a toyota diesel, passing emissions is easy.

I am in the process of getting an H55F 5 speed installed on my 60. For a late model 60 it's pretty much a bolt up if you get an FJ tranny. I expect that, since this was a factory standard for non domestic LCs it would not be a big deal. The late model 80's had a different model number 5 speed, if you sheck teh non domestic specs. Would be fun. Don't know what the smog implications are...

Mike S

Somebody please correct me if I am wrong, but if Carl is really talking about the FJ80 and not the FZJ80, wouldn't the H55F be able to bolt up to it? After all doesn't the FJ80 have the 3FE engine--just like the FJ62? And don't the F, 2F, and 3F engines share the same engine block? Of course, I don't know all the specifics and such, but it seems to me it would be possible. Especially if somebody's already mated one up to a 3FE in an FJ62... Am I missing something here or what?

-Ferg-

I know that Automatic Transmissions were availible on some(I think they were GXL and VX not DX and RV :-\) 80 and 105 Series, But I've never actually seen one. :eek:

Anyhow I've never even driven a Car with a Automatic Transmission. :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom