4WD does not light up when put in Low gear (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The FZJ-80 is a full time four wheel drive vehicle. You are referring to the cdl light and abs lights not lighting up. My 93 had the same problem until today. I performed a search on this site and found the easiest thing I could do is romp on the truck while in four low- and sure enough the cdl and abs lights flickered, then came on. Been working great all day. Romping in my world is driving through a couple of snow drifts and tree stumps.

TK

Did you hear any small clicking sound?
Possible ABS light, and CDL light are out?

As long as the owner doesn't mind...

Easiest way to check whether the center diff is locked in low (as it should be) would be to raise one wheel (OEM jack is fine for this; does he have it, along with the tool kit?) with the tranny in neutral; the raised wheel should NOT spin, since the front driveshaft should be locked to the rear one.

Curtis

i had the same problem with the 97 lx 450 i just bought a couple of weeks ago and my technician said it was just a bad switch and he replaced it for free...
i'll try to find out specifically the part and all...

The odds against the light bulbs being blown are pretty high. They don't see much use.

The CDL is probably not actuating. Excersising it may help, or not. It wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me either way. Fairly common issue, usually just needs some TLC -err, attention.

-Spike

after i checked this cruiser for the 2nd time yesterday, i decided not to get it. when i opened up the radiator cap, there were mayonaise looking fluid and right away a sign of blown head gasket. there were also oil in the radiator fluid. i told the seller to get this fixed right away or else...

note***make sure to check radiator fluid before making that final offer.

Its milky stuff in the oil thats a blown HG.
Mine seems to have a little bit of thin whitish stuff just around the rad cap.
You maybe jumping without getting a leak down test but I did not see it.
If it was truely mayo like as in thickness then you are probably right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom