4th Annual DLC Coal Creek Winter Summit - MLK 2022 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This event is getting big. Should be a heluva weekend!

We have multiple forms of communication going for this event between Mud, GroupMe, text, etc. So, I wanted to put down a rough itinerary for the weekend:

Thurs 1/13:
  • A few folks are driving in Thurs night
Fri 1/14:
  • DLC/MCC and most everyone else arriving at Windrock. The Birmingham group is going to try and leave Bham around 8am.
  • Run trails in afternoon, head back to cabin around 6pm.
  • Dinner: Horacio has graciously offered to cook up some homemade street tacos for us. We ask everyone donate $5/person to cover costs.
  • Possible Night Ride
Sat 1/15:
  • Meet at Squatch Nest cabin on Windrock Rd at 9-9:30am. Quick drivers meeting to discuss trails and groups. Please have your Windrock pass already purchased at 1 of the 2 offices onsite.
  • Since we will have a much larger group than years past, we are going to split into a couple/few groups:
    • Green Group - beginner off-roader, never been to Windrock, mostly stock Land Cruiser, looking to do more scenic trails
    • Blue Group - intermediate group, run blue trails, sliders, bumpers, oversize tires, winch, etc
  • Dinner: DLC/MCC hosing Chili dinner at Squatch Nest cabin. Asking for $5/person donation to cover costs
  • Possible Night Ride
Sun 1/16:
  • Meet at Squatch Nest cabin on Windrock Rd at 9-9:30am. Quick drivers meeting to discuss trails and groups.
  • Dinner: probably go into town somewhere to eat, no plans
Mon 1/17:
  • Pack up and head home

Last edited:
Fri 1/14:
  • DLC/MCC and most everyone else arriving at Windrock. The Birmingham group is going to try and head out around 8am.

At 8AM, do you plan on being at the store trail head? Or at another meet location?
Thanks

At 8AM, do you plan on being at the store trail head? Or at another meet location?
Thanks
Sorry for the confusion, we're leaving Bham at 8am to head to Windrock. Hope to be at Windrock around 1pm EST.

Tshirt design for CCWS 4.0

B3BEA959-9879-41AD-A7A0-9B792FB649E3.jpeg

If anyone is traveling to Windrock this weekend and knows of a decent price on a set of Tundra TRD Pro BBS wheels near you (that you'd be willing to bring me), let me know!

TRD Pro BBS.jpg

Hey Guys - I've got to back out of this....work has been hectic and the 60 is nursing a radiator leak. Let me know if I need to send some money to cover my spot in the cabin.

We've had a few drop out of the KY/OH/IN crew coming down due to illness or other things but we should be rolling out in the morning from Lexington with 10 or more rigs plus a few coming in later in the day. Packing plenty of good bourbon to share for the cabin!

I hate that I'm going to miss this now. Over half my staff is out sick so I got called back in off my vacation and will be working. Maybe I can sneak up there Sunday and play in the mud and (potential) snow with y'all. Regardless, hope everyone arrives safe and has a blast this weekend!

Last edited:
Well, snow for a second year. How did the trails hold up, or did you all just get rain?

Great meeting you. You're welcome to come wheel with us in KY any time!
Sorry we missed you Friday, thanks for coming up.

If any of your crew grabbed a Tshirt, please have them Venmo me $30 per shirt @OTMcruisers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom