4th Annual 100s in the Hills - Ouray, Colorado: August 1-3 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks to everyone for coming. The participants make this the successful event that it is. My kids and I had a great time meeting all of you. I'm back in 100 degree Phoenix and find myself already missing the mud and wet tent. #CB4

A big thank you to everyone. This event and all of you made this an event that I will return to year after year. I'm sitting here in a dark nuclear medicine room imaging cardiac studies. I miss the sun, rain & rocks. I hope all of you had a safe trip back home. Marshall

photo.JPG

Back in the office and recovering from what was not only an incredible 4 days in the mountains, but a journey of 8 months of planning, late night conference calls, near constant texting and a scuffle here and there. It all managed to come together at the last minute and went remarkably well. Thank you Stan (@paflytyer), Chris (@bluecruiser) and Josh (@MtnAddict) for making it all happen. Also, huge thanks to Tim (@nakman) and Andy/Sally (@AimCOtaco) for going above and beyond to help out. It was great to have three of our sponsors present, and thanks to all of the businesses that helped make it happen. Finally, thanks to each of you who made the journey to Ouray to spend the weekend with us. You are a great group of individuals and families. Good times! See you next year!

Jonathan

I want to drop a BIG ! Thank you to Tim from Gamiviti Roof Racks. For all of you that don't already know, Tim produces an exceptional product. I just happen to be the lucky guy that had the winning ticket (442) and won one. We did a field install and Tim was available all the way until the end with all the right tools. Its a great product and looks outstanding on the Land Cruiser. Thank You ! Thank you ! Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.gamiviti.com/html/products_roofracks_custom.html

I do have one issue everyone keeps staring at my rack I'm starting to get a little self-consensus. I even had a guy in the parking lot hanging on my rack? WTF ?! My face is right here? :p Thanks Tim

Dead on the road in Wichita Falls TX. Limped into Toyota dealer, bad fuel pump. Only one available in town is a generic OReilly part. Toyota part is a 2 day wait. Spending the night...

...via IH8MUD app

Dead on the road in Wichita Falls TX. Limped into Toyota dealer, bad fuel pump. Only one available in town is a generic OReilly part. Toyota part is a 2 day wait. Spending the night...

...via IH8MUD app
Dude that sucks. Hope it gets fixed quick...

Sorry to hear that Andy. Anything you need? We can put the word out.....

Sorry to hear that Andy. Anything you need? We can put the word out.....

Thanks Stan but think I'm set. Already booked a hotel.

Dealership folks have been great, and head tech just came in and says truck after sitting for an hour is running perfectly. His theory is that it (fuel pump) overheated. I was running 80mph for 6 hours in 100 degree heat, but just can't wrap my head around the overheating theory.

Problem is if I risk hitting the road and it does again there is no dealership for at least two hours. Tow would be crazy expensive.

Decisions...

...via IH8MUD app

I had an 80 that would die after running hard in the heat but found it was electrical....heat being a resistor. Best of luck. There is a reason they call it the "hotter than hell" 100 mile bike ride there.

Andy,
I hope it works out well for you.
Interestingly, just after I came over Monarch pass my truck died and I pulled into the abandoned hotel there. No OBD codes were thrown and when I let the starter crank for 5 seconds it started, settled down to a smooth idle and I drove another 130 miles home without incident. I was sitting maybe bad Montrose gas or something to do with going over the pass. Or gremlins.

Magically, the new IH8MUD Galleries allow MULTIPLE members to upload photos/videos into the SAME gallery!

Yes, magic...

I've added a few of the usernames from this thread, pm me if you would like to have your username added so you can add Gallery pics :)

Mine from Poughkeepsie/etc are up...we had a GREAT time and look forward to crashing in future years too!

[album="large"]3469[/album]

Andy,
I hope it works out well for you.
Interestingly, just after I came over Monarch pass my truck died and I pulled into the abandoned hotel there. No OBD codes were thrown and when I let the starter crank for 5 seconds it started, settled down to a smooth idle and I drove another 130 miles home without incident. I was sitting maybe bad Montrose gas or something to do with going over the pass. Or gremlins.

Thx. It appears the fuel pump actually did overheat. Cooled down and is running fine now...

...via IH8MUD app

I want to drop a BIG ! Thank you to Tim from Gamiviti Roof Racks. For all of you that don't already know, Tim produces an exceptional product. I just happen to be the lucky guy that had the winning ticket (442) and won one. We did a field install and Tim was available all the way until the end with all the right tools. Its a great product and looks outstanding on the Land Cruiser. Thank You ! Thank you ! Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.gamiviti.com/html/products_roofracks_custom.html

I do have one issue everyone keeps staring at my rack I'm starting to get a little self-consensus. I even had a guy in the parking lot hanging on my rack? WTF ?! My face is right here? :p Thanks Tim

Hey man, it was really my pleasure, seriously. I'm so glad you're happy with the rack, I had a good time bolting it all up with you guys as well, and yeah I will say it does look pretty sweet on your truck. Now you just need an awning, and a RTT, and... ;) I'll definitely sponsor HIH again, that was a total blast, I can't wait to go back. I can't believe this group can't kill a keg though.. :(

Amazing. Now how to get the carcass down?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom