4Skinner Re-power (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's gonna be nice Steve, you'll actually have some use for tools with wheels on them again eh? :lol:

Extent of work to my shop in the last year is I finally got around to wiring a plug onto one of Cam's jumbo grow lights...I feel like I'm going to leave a hiroshima burnt shadow outline on the floor when I turn it on...

Still short a couple walls tho. :rolleyes:

You're ahead of me. I still need to wire my place for my set of lights. As soon as Dan gets his shop built I can clear another pair from my crawl space.

wow, I've missed alot around here lately. Nice work Dan. I was talked into 3" for my garage in Ladysmith with the fiberglass and no rebar. I never had an issue. Had our F350 on the floor jack even. 28 Feet long and never cracked even though it should have had a relief line or 2. You have gone way overkill buddy! Let me know when your back in town.

Mark, it's been far too long, i should be home mid November so lets try and grab some beers. Either north at the crow and gate, and/or the loghouse...
:hillbilly:

Got some walls and trusses up with a full length 8x12 office/loft space up above. Put an i-beam about a third of the way in also. Getting closer to wheeling i guess...

garagemahal.jpg

Looks great! ... That's going to be an amazing shop when you're done. Did you plan on putting a hoist in too?
Yup, that's the plan. A 12K Bendpak, made the walls 13ft. so it would fit just nice.

I like it,looks like we finally got a spot to store club tools.
LOL, yeah and could be a pre or post stop in for a beverage, seeing as how it is just up from the loghouse/checkered flag.

downright civilized looking.

Plenty of room to live in it while the wife is mad and won't let you in the house...:hillbilly:

One of these days I'll come down to drink some beer and give pointers while you work on it. Make sure you don't use the nails that have the heads on the wrong ends. :beer:

I was checking out the "Garage-Mahal" the other day and it is pretty uptown. He had the 4-skinner and the 42 in there and there was still room for 2 more rigs. High ceilings for a hoist and plumbed for a s***ter and wired for a beer fridge. Even had a loft upstairs for those beer swilling guests from up island to crash out if they have too many wobbley pops and can't make it back over the hump.

Yes.... I too came by for a visit and was in awe. Nice place to wrench indeed. Ya done a fine job there Dan-O.

Best be ready for a barrage of updates...:lol:
...says the guy that's building a sailboat in his basement...:flipoff2:

How is the FJ62 axle swap going?

I have a set of those axles in my storage unit. Got them for $400.

I'm not sure quite what to do with them yet.

Just started looking at it again, pulled the boxes of parts out of it to try and figure out where I left off. Too many other things on the go since then.
I put the axles in just to keep with the cruiser theme and had a set kicking around, besides they seem to fit in there nicely.
Cheers!

I too have a set kicking around.

Just bought a new to me house. It's a 1970 build and still has some of that orange and brown lino in the basement. With the upgrades I'm about to do I have no idea when I can get to my 62 series axle swap to me 2nd Gen 4Runner.

I think I'll start with just tearing them down and getting them cleaned up once the reno is done.

I hope you start first so I can learn from you learning anything the hard way. :p

Thanks for the reply. That workshop/shed you build is sweet.

Congratulations on the house! The axles are pretty much in, it's just the finessing of the rest of the parts now. Oilpan and hi-steer to get into place, along with lining up the steering box, driveshafts and shift linkages etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom