40's Only 2021 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Right! on!
Any sneak pics? Can't wait to see it!
Here is my wife, Polly, driving it all the way back in 2017... Our friend/mentor that is selling is unfortunately selling due to getting older and not being able to use it at all. Bob (current owner) is the reason my wife and I met. He was at some NOCO 4x4 thing in Fort Collins CO in 2015 and Polly was there with her first gen 4runner and he was like "you don't want to hang out with these jeeps and stuff, you should come to a Horsetooth 4wheelers meeting (TLCA club in Fort Collins) and hang out with toyota people". Well a few months later I joined the club and met her on a snow wheeling run up on Ballard hill in October of 2015. Bob led that run and countless others over the years and was nicknamed Bob "our fearless leader" Paul. Bob was at our wedding and has always cared for Polly and me while we still lived there. Just a great great friend and a true cruiser head. When I moved up here I told Bob if you ever have to sell it I would like the opportunity to purchase it first because of what he means to me I'd be honored to be able to keep his cruiser on the road and give it the love and care it needs

Bob fulfilled my request on Saturday night. Now I just have to wait till the first week of July to go get it

Screenshot_20210531-220544.png

Here is my wife, Polly, driving it all the way back in 2017... Our friend/mentor that is selling is unfortunately selling due to getting older and not being able to use it at all. Bob (current owner) is the reason my wife and I met. He was at some NOCO 4x4 thing in Fort Collins CO in 2015 and Polly was there with her first gen 4runner and he was like "you don't want to hang out with these jeeps and stuff, you should come to a Horsetooth 4wheelers meeting (TLCA club in Fort Collins) and hang out with toyota people". Well a few months later I joined the club and met her on a snow wheeling run up on Ballard hill in October of 2015. Bob led that run and countless others over the years and was nicknamed Bob "our fearless leader" Paul. Bob was at our wedding and has always cared for Polly and me while we still lived there. Just a great great friend and a true cruiser head. When I moved up here I told Bob if you ever have to sell it I would like the opportunity to purchase it first because of what he means to me I'd be honored to be able to keep his cruiser on the road and give it the love and care it needs

Bob fulfilled my request on Saturday night. Now I just have to wait till the first week of July to go get it

View attachment 2691241
So awesome! With an approving wife and all those shared memories, you've got a real treasure!

So awesome! With an approving wife and all those shared memories, you've got a real treasure!
Thanks! It really is and Polly has claimed it as hers already lol I didn't even get to finish the question before she said yes to buying it :rofl: truly lucky in all regards!

Right! on!
Any sneak pics? Can't wait to see it!
As for specs it is a 1978 FJ40, 2F, h42 (gotta check with Bob but that would've been factory unless he changes to an h41), Orion tcase with 4:1's, 35's, ARB's front and rear, OG longfield chromoly birfs and shafts, custom fj60 power steering, disc brakes front (standard on a 78) and has been converted to discs in the rear, I think it's a 4" hfs lift with shackle reversal up front, 4plus rear bumper, metal tech cage, and an 8274 up front. Just a classic built 40

As for specs it is a 1978 FJ40, 2F, h42 (gotta check with Bob but that would've been factory unless he changes to an h41), Orion tcase with 4:1's, 35's, ARB's front and rear, OG longfield chromoly birfs and shafts, custom fj60 power steering, disc brakes front (standard on a 78) and has been converted to discs in the rear, I think it's a 4" hfs lift with shackle reversal up front, 4plus rear bumper, metal tech cage, and an 8274 up front. Just a classic built 40
Freaking awesome.
Congratulations!

That's really exciting and a really cool story to go with it.

So rad Johnny. Maybe we'll do two runs this summer!

But we are keeping the date on the books for now.

That's really exciting and a really cool story to go with it.
Thanks @pigmony
So rad Johnny. Maybe we'll do two runs this summer!

But we are keeping the date on the books for now.
Thanks Drew, once upon a time way back Bob was commenting your 40 thread lol I was reading your thread and saw his comments and thought to myself how funny

I think I’ve wheeled with some of those guys back in the day. That 40 looks familiar as I’m partial to built blue 40’s. We’re stoked for you! Bring to the first meeting you can!

My 40 pooped the bed the other day. Gotta' crank and figure out this frustrating electrical gremlin!

I wanted to bump the thread and see who else might join!?

@TommyGuns

Good news and bad news.

Good news the 11th is around the corner for the 40's ONLY run.

Bad news my 40's electrical harness started smoking under the hood and behind the dash today... looks like a rewire for me. :doh:

Anyone want to step up and take point on this one?

I’ve been trying to find away around this but unfortunately I will not be able to make the 40’s Only Run next weekend. Been looking forward to this since the announcement. But family duties are calling. It’s divide and conquer time with the wife and kids next weekend (3 kids off to three different camps). Bad news: No 40’s Only Run. Good News: one week w/ just the wife and I :)
Can’t wait to see the pics. And here’s hoping for the next one 🍻.

Can't believe i forgot about this run, i've got my front end totally disassembled and waiting for some parts, arrrgggg.

Good news and bad news.

Bad news my 40's electrical harness started smoking under the hood and behind the dash today... looks like a rewire for me. :doh:

i dont have a 40

Good news and bad news.

I’ve been trying to find away around this but unfortunately I will not be able to make the 40’s Only Run next weekend. Been looking forward to this since the announcement. But family duties are calling. It’s divide and conquer time with the wife and kids next weekend (3 kids off to three different camps). Bad news: No 40’s Only Run. Good News: one week w/ just the wife and I :)
Can’t wait to see the pics. And here’s hoping for the next one 🍻.

Can't believe i forgot about this run, i've got my front end totally disassembled and waiting for some parts, arrrgggg.

i dont have a 40

There's always the option to push this back 2 weeks! 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom