4 link Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has any one 4 linked there 40 with the original off centerd axle and t-case. If so how did you get around the off centered drive shaft and were did you mount the coil overs. Thanks any pics will help if it can be done.

I'm collecting parts to do it - best pics I know of are from Proffitt's (double check spelling). He sells a complete kit that is designed with outboarded lowers (which is one way of getting around the offset limitations). Several good photos on his website that should help you out...

Has any one 4 linked there 40 with the original off centerd axle and t-case. If so how did you get around the off centered drive shaft and were did you mount the coil overs. Thanks any pics will help if it can be done.

Yes, alot of people have done this. You have to truss the top of the axle to accept the brackets for the linkage. There are several options for this type set i.e.: coils, coil overs, 1/4 elliptical, etc. I've been running Proffitts 4 link set up for 2 years and it works awesome. Proffitts can hook you up. Heres their link Coil Spring Conversions

Also check the hardcore section of this website. Probably a lot more info on a 4 link over there.

:cheers:

I went the unconventional way and triangulated the uppers right ontop of the offset housing. In my case I have bumpstops to limit uptravel and limiting straps to save my driveshaft in droop conditions. So the difference in articulation from left to right doesn't really affect me in the range of travel I'm in right now. But yeah you can add a cradle that centers the uppers too.

82207004.jpg

Any pics of your frame side link mounts? Your lowers look almost entirely straight - no triangulation. Are the lowers mounted below the frame? Did you run mega long lower links - or do you have a bit of rear steer. Sure looks aweful clean ;)

Still collecting ideas while I save up the rest of the funds for the rod ends and other pieces.

I got my truss from Ruff Stuff. Profitt makes a nice one - and I think Ballistic Fab has one on sale. Plenty of them out there these days - gonna weld mine up as soon as I get my spare axle housing back from the sand blaster ;)

I went the unconventional way and triangulated the uppers right ontop of the offset housing. In my case I have bumpstops to limit uptravel and limiting straps to save my driveshaft in droop conditions. So the difference in articulation from left to right doesn't really affect me in the range of travel I'm in right now. But yeah you can add a cradle that centers the uppers too.

82207004.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom