4.6L Ford/FJ60 engine swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You have the WB to go divorced. It's just a bad idea.
Too short for the setup I would want to run. Divorced transfer case setups can work wonderfully! Helps with front driveline angle, in most cases.

ZF transmission out of 1999-2002 F-Series is a 5 speed that is a modular bolt pattern (bolts to 4.6/5.4/6.8L and has a Ford 6 bolt flange and a 31 spline output.

Pretty easy to adapt to t-cases with that. You could also spring for a 03+ version that is a 6 speed but they are odd ball 26 spline.

I would not run a divorced case.

ZF transmission out of 1999-2002 F-Series is a 5 speed that is a modular bolt pattern (bolts to 4.6/5.4/6.8L and has a Ford 6 bolt flange and a 31 spline output.

Pretty easy to adapt to t-cases with that. You could also spring for a 03+ version that is a 6 speed but they are odd ball 26 spline.

That's good info, thank you!

I wonder if the NW fab black box (planetary reduction box/adapter) would work with the ZF? Not cheap but may allow a split case and factory axles to be retained.

ZF output is 31 spline and the conventional round bolt pattern. It should be a cinch..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom