3urfe noise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
okay so my completely remanufactured 3urfe has been installed and is running but has a sound the old one didnt, like an intermittent light tapping at idle

does this sound normal? have read tjat some of the 5.7 tundras were noisey and some werent

That sounds like my engine, and also like the 5.7 I had in my old tundra. Was the engine warmed up in the video?

Sounds pretty good to me. The 5.7 came out on my last days of working at a Toyota, and I remember the mobile training team saying that they knew people would be coming in complaining about the noise and chatter it makes.

It's the same sounds that comes from the 4.0L in Tacoma/FJ/4Runner, but more of it as it's a got more cylinders.

Sounds like fuel injector ticking noise. This is a common known sound from the 5.7 at idle.

Sounds pretty good to me. The 5.7 came out on my last days of working at a Toyota, and I remember the mobile training team saying that they knew people would be coming in complaining about the noise and chatter it makes.

It's the same sounds that comes from the 4.0L in Tacoma/FJ/4Runner, but more of it as it's a got more cylinders.
so the intermittent light tapping is normal, my old one was dead quiet, maybe the tundra and lexus were more different then people think

My 2015 LX570 with less then 20k miles and perfect service records (3) oil changes is noisier then that. When your standing outside but when your in the LX you can't hear a thing

I'm with the rest of the crew, it sounds just like mine.

After I bought mine I was slightly concerned and took it to the Lexus dealer for a general check up. They said everything was in perfect condition and that is just how this engine sounds.

The oil in the house is like Blackstone hotel you if there's anything wrong in the report they send you. I would stay with Toyota recommended oil 0W 20 if that's what the engineers that designed the engine think you should use then that's the oil I would use

Damn that didn't come out right I said use Blackstone labs for oil analysis and they will tell you if there's anything wrong with your engine

the car is an 08 but the factory that built the engine mever specified the year, so not sure what grade it needs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom