Electromechanical Noise - Right Rear (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First I’ve seen this. We’ve had the ‘16 200 for three or four years now. It’s parked outside tonight and as I’m taking the trash out I hear, what I can best describe as an electromechanical constant noise coming from the right rear of the truck. Truck is ice cold and hasn’t been touched in hours. Like seven. Sounds like a low decibel air compressor humming along. Emphasis on “low.” I barely heard it and had walk around to even find where it was coming from.

Any ideas? It did it for maybe 5 minutes and now it’s not doing anything.

Believe the fuel tank charcoal canister system has a pump. Other MUD'ers will know/confirm.

My LC200 is Sept 2020 build and has 32.5k miles now. Have not heard the pump yet. I have taken note of the practice not topping off when fueling (Car Care Nut and others) as not to soak or drown the charcoal canister and create problems (check valve will leak over time).

Last edited:
Believe the fuel tank charcoal canister system has a pump. Other MUD'ers will know/confirm.

My LC200 is Sept 2020 build and has 32.5k miles now. Have not heard the pump yet. I have taken note of the practice not topping off when fueling (Car Care Nut and others) as not to soak or drown the charcoal canister and create problems (check valve will leak over time).
Correct. I’ve heard the same on my 2021 sporadically.

Yep Evap system doing its thing.

hmm sure you dont have an aux tank? Thats the noice I get whe I pump to the main (with a bit more heavy rattle)

Yep Evap system doing its thing.
This^^^^

First I’ve seen this. We’ve had the ‘16 200 for three or four years now. It’s parked outside tonight and as I’m taking the trash out I hear, what I can best describe as an electromechanical constant noise coming from the right rear of the truck. Truck is ice cold and hasn’t been touched in hours. Like seven. Sounds like a low decibel air compressor humming along. Emphasis on “low.” I barely heard it and had walk around to even find where it was coming from.

Any ideas? It did it for maybe 5 minutes and now it’s not doing anything.

The noise you hear is the fuel system doing a system check for leaks - absoultely normal.

HTH

Thanks so much everyone! Strange that I have never heard this before after several years of ownership. Only found it odd since the truck hasn't been touched. Glad to hear!

The fun actually starts when you *don't* hear this vacuum self-test, or when the test fails, and receive powerful Christmas Dash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom