3rd Gen 4Runner and Tacoma Cup Holders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bhicks

Supporting Vendor
Threads
I have been over on T4R.org getting help from those members in designing the 3rd gen 4Runner cup holders. It ended up being a much bigger challenge than expected. I had to come up with 4 versions due to the differences between the 4WD and 2WD consoles. The lack of real estate was also a huge PITA. There is the double cup holder for the 4WD and the single cup holder for the 4WD. then there is the Double cup holder for the 2WD and the single for the 2WD. Here's some pics. For more info and pics you cacn see them at www.bh3dprinting.com

I forgot to ask; is this what the Tacoma console looks like or is it totally different? If different; anyone willing to post pics of the console from a first gen Tacoma?

I figured I should pass on the same deal I offered to the www.t4r.org guys. I have a small batch of prototypes and blemished prints that need a new home. My early prototypes had severe fitment issues so those went to the trash. I have a few of the later vesions that fit pretty good. The gaps are very minimal. I figured for folks who aren't super picky and on a budget, these may be the perfect option. I also have prints that are the final/current design, but had minor issues during printing. Usually there is a rough spot somewhere or something is very slightly warped. All fit and function perfect but have some minor visual flaw. Ones that are severely flawed go in the trash. As you can see below; some are painted and ready to ship while others still need to be sanded, acetoned, and painted. Some can ship immediately while others might take a day or two before shipping. I would like to get $30 for each of these. That includes shipping. If you want one these just shoot me a PM/start a conversation. We can go through paypal.

Here is what I currently have:

Prototypes:
-2 Double Cup Holders 4WD
-1 Double Cup Holder 2WD

Blemish Prints:
-3 Double Cup Holders 4WD
-1 Double Cup Holder 2WD
-1 Single Cup Holder 4WD ($20)

Here's a pic of them:

Still looking for pics off the 1st Gen Tacoma console. Any takers? Want to know if these will work and if not; what I need to change to make them work.

I had a 98 Tacoma although it was a manual, and I remember the console area being very different and also I didn't have the e-brake to deal with, it was the old pull style that was under the steering wheel

The 1st Gen Tacoma has factory cup holders behind the gear shift (the same place as the E-brake in a 3rd Gen 4Runner). The area where these cup holders would mount looks identical to me. I can get you a pick later if you want.

The 1st Gen Tacoma has factory cup holders behind the gear shift (the same place as the E-brake in a 3rd Gen 4Runner). The area where these cup holders would mount looks identical to me. I can get you a pick later if you want.
Would definitely like to see a pic of the 1st Gen Tacoma console.

Would definitely like to see a pic of the 1st Gen Tacoma console.

Here is the Center Console from an 01 Tacoma DC...

01 Center Console.jpg

Here is the Center Console from an 01 Tacoma DC...

View attachment 1119639
Interesting. Thanks for the pics. The console is very similar to the 4Runner console but the lines are a tad different. don't think my 3rd gen cup holder would fit on it correctly. It's weird that they put two cup holders in the Tacoma but didn't bother putting them in the 4Runner.

The Tacoma has cup holders because the e-brake is still the old T handle on the dash instead of between the seats. There are 4 or 5 different configurations in the 1st Gen Tacoma center console depending on the different cab and transmission configurations/options. This is the 4X4 DC SR5 TRD Off Road and as you can see has two cup holders.

The newer 3rd gens have cup holders-right?
The 99-02 had two built into the console. The 96-98 did not. They only had those useless pull out trays over the stereo.
For those that keep asking about a cup holder for the manual trans; here you go. I finally got the design all wrapped up and made a good sized batch of them. They are now up on my site.

I would like to order a dual cup holder for my 97 4wd auto trans in tan please.

I would like to order a dual cup holder for my 97 4wd auto trans in tan please.
Sorry for the delay. I sorta forgot about this thread. I have all of the 3rd gen cup holders in stock on my website. Here is the link:
Double Cup Holder for 96-02 Toyota 4Runner | BH3D Printing
I'm running a holiday promo through the 1st of the year that is free shipping and 15% off the entire order. The coupon code is "TEQ15". For any international orders, you can order through my etsy page at www.etsy.com/shop/bh3dprinting. The same code will work on etsy as well. I just don't do free shipping on international orders.

So over the last year I have had a ton of requests to make a rear cup holder for the 3rd Gen 4Runner due to the factory pull out rear one being so flimsy and prone to breaking. Also not kid friendly at all. I don't know if this will attach to a Tacoma console or not. I would need to see pics of the backside of a first gen Tacoma console. I finally had some down time and was able to get a design made up. I went through a few versions until I got the fitment and function how I wanted it. I got the first batch of these made last week and now have them up on my website:
3rd Gen 4Runner Rear Double Cup Holder (1996-2002) | BH3D Printing
For those that are outside the US I do international shipping through my etsy page at:
3rd Gen 4Runner Rear Double Cup Holder (1996-2002)
Here are some pics of how it look in use and installed

Just wanted to jump in to say I ordered a set for the front of my wife's 96 4runner and we are very pleased with them. We got them just in time for a road trip to see my son graduate Infantry school. I can tell you it would have been a pain to make the drive without something as simple as good cup holders.

Quality is excellent, price and shipping time were great also. Will be ordering a set for the rear seat soon.

This is AWESOME bro!! I need this for my T4R.

I completely forgot about this, I. still need a cup holder for the rear of my 99 T4R. Any discount if I get a front rear cup holder for my 4runner?
I need the 2 cup holder for the front . Great product you have.:cheers:

I completely forgot about this, I. still need a cup holder for the rear of my 99 T4R. Any discount if I get a front rear cup holder for my 4runner?
I need the 2 cup holder for the front . Great product you have.:cheers:
Yes. Use coupon code "TEQ15" during checkout. That will give you 15% off the entire order and still allow for free shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom