3rd Gen 4Runner - Buy or Bust? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not knowing the age or condition of the B.J you are on borrowed time you don't need to be offroad to pop this B.J a lot of them are just driving on road when they fail. Go to T4R.org and you can find a ton of failures and crashes, you been warned.

Chilling.

I’ll order some tomorrow.

get Toyota or don't bother
Back up.

You’re telling me to buy Toyota?? The very BJs that are known to fail??

I was going to pick up some greaseable MOOG problem solvers….

Back up.

You’re telling me to buy Toyota?? The very BJs that are known to fail??

I was going to pick up some greaseable MOOG problem solvers….
555 , total chaos and oem . They only break when neglected otherwise they’re fine. As long as they’re tight should be fine… don’t go moog…

555 , total chaos and oem . They only break when neglected otherwise they’re fine. As long as they’re tight should be fine… don’t go moog…
Why not? MOOG is great...

$79 bucks a side… not a bad price.
Before tax.

IMG_1496.jpeg

Not not really. The ball joints seem tight and in good shape, i will replace them soon, but right now I’m just driving with them.
Please don't wait too long or get too comfortable driving around not knowing when that thing decides to pop out.

Not knowing the age or condition of the B.J you are on borrowed time you don't need to be offroad to pop this B.J a lot of them are just driving on road when they fail. Go to T4R.org and you can find a ton of failures and crashes, you been warned.
Yup! Happened to my bf just making a left turn out of his housing tract. These 3rdGens you can “drive until their wheels fall off, fix it and then keep going!” 😉

Not not really. The ball joints seem tight and in good shape, i will replace them soon, but right now I’m just driving with them.
Did you replace the BJ? Better skip a few lunches and other purchases and get that BJ change you will.be in a world of hurt if you crash it and hurt someone because it seem tight and good shape. Park it for now and save yourself any headaches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom