3pt Seatbelt Conversion Mounting Bolts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First the image is lifted from another thread.
I am in the process of putting 3pt belts in my 60, just realized the nuts that I thought I had to mount the retractors are either lost or MIA. Does anyone know the size/thread and does Toyota still sell them? I looked on partsouq but they do not show them.

View media item 91580

The seat belt bolts on my 62 are Ø11mm I think? I don't know the pitch off the top of my head but I am guessing is 1.0mm.

Some Toyota seat belt bolts/nuts are SAE, not metric, so don't force anything that doesn't feel right.

Since I have the bolts I will take them and size them, never considered they could be SAE.

I have never seen how they are mounted in a 62, are the bolts screwed into a captive nut? I assumed I had lost them.

I'm in the process of doing the same thing on my 85 fj60 and would like to know the actual fastener sizes too.

They seem like M12 but I want to put in new bolts and chase the threads in the lap belt holes because the bolts that came out were not in very good shape, but my m12x 1.75? tap doesn't feel right so i didn't push it. It would make sense that they could be SAE, but was also thinking it could be M12 x 1.0 which i don't have a tap for.

Last edited:
The Ø7/16 would explain why I thought it was 11mm.

TAP M11 X 1,25 is what you need.

You two are going to make me go get a pitch gauge out soon....

@Randy88FJ62 & @sved, I promise you both I was betting it wasn't sae. It would not screw all the way through any of the metric, it would start but not go through. 7/16x20 was like butter.

Just finished one side and will post a pic if I can in a few minutes.

Did mine with m11x1,25.
No problem,like butter.

Why would a Japanese built truck have an SAE tap on the product floor? These frames and captive nuts were for the world market. I will have to investigate.

Right side.

20200806_095250.jpg

When it cools off I am going to redo my panels again. Trimmed it to fit the retractor cover, but it is time for a built up panel.

20200806_122230.jpg

Why would a Japanese built truck have an SAE tap on the product floor? These frames and captive nuts were for the world market. I will have to investigate.

My '65 FJ45 had SAE seat belt captive nuts in the floor, due to well - their nature. I used an SAE bolt and bought new seatbelts and the bolts went right in.

Read replies 16 and 17 on this thread: stripped seatbelt bolt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom