3FE EGR Delete, Who's done it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I left the charcoal canister and didn't touch it at all. Everything appears to be working great now! I also took out the fan the blows on the EGR system and it appears to work well. I needed this area for another battery.

I live in a state that does not do smog testing so no need to test. One thing I noticed from all this work is the LC appears to run richer so I'm going to look into that next. Otherwise, I'm happy to have sooo much less stuff on the engine and room for an extra battery.

I live in a state that does not do smog testing so no need to test.

Same, but not sure how long I'll be here.

One thing I noticed from all this work is the LC appears to run richer

What are the symptoms? I read around here removing the smog air pump causes high idle until the computer re-calibrates. Can you confirm that behavior on your setup?

Same, but not sure how long I'll be here.

What are the symptoms? I read around here removing the smog air pump causes high idle until the computer re-calibrates. Can you confirm that behavior on your setup?
After smog removal, I had done a valve job, plus adjusted idle and timing and it still runs rich. It just smells rich from the exhaust. The truck runs great!

Did you ever find out why the fan stopped working?

I think I finished my desmog today! I'm not 100% sure I did the fuel system part correct, but the truck seems to be running well. I have attached pics if anyone wants to weigh in. If it is right, hopefully it helps some people with the same questions. I did have two more questions...
1: There seems to be a hissing sound coming from somewhere, but I can't tell where other than it's coming from the area I just removed the smog stuff from. It appears all the vacuum lines/caps are good so I'm not sure where else to look. Any ideas?
2: That big black fan that blows air right on the engine after shutdown appears to not be working anymore. It is plugged in, but is this tied into the system I just removed? I didn't think so, but maybe?

If anyone does have questions especially on how to get the air injection manifold out without damage or removing other parts of the engine, I'm happy to tell you how I managed to do it successfully.

View attachment 2219267
View attachment 2219268
View attachment 2219271
View attachment 2219272
View attachment 2219273

Hi, For the fan check it’s relay behind the foot dead pedal and side fuse box. Mike

So I just went through Tennessee emission testing, passing with flying colors… If I did EGR delete, is there a chance I would not pass emissions next year? Maybe a stupid question, but is it beneficial to do this only if you live in a smog exempt state or area?

So I just went through Tennessee emission testing, passing with flying colors… If I did EGR delete, is there a chance I would not pass emissions next year? Maybe a stupid question, but is it beneficial to do this only if you live in a smog exempt state or area?

What does Tennessee do for an emissions test ? if it's just a sniffer test and they don't actually open the hood you'd probably be fine if you left a cat. converter in it.

They literally do the tail pipe sniff with older trucks like Roscoe, no OBD to plug into

I ended up taking out the fan to install another battery so didn't look into it.
can you please post some pics of your dual battery setup? Ive just done the egr Delete recently but need to do a full dessmog to free up the real estate for a second battery also. Did the stock location fzj battery tray fit just fine in that spot after all the components from the desmog were removed?

can you please post some pics of your dual battery setup? Ive just done the egr Delete recently but need to do a full dessmog to free up the real estate for a second battery also. Did the stock location fzj battery tray fit just fine in that spot after all the components from the desmog were removed?
Here is a video of the whole setup. If you can't pause in the places to see what you need, let me know and I'll get some pictures as well. The FJZ battery fit wonderfully in the spot with some minor cutting after desmogged. It was super easy!

Here is a video of the whole setup. If you can't pause in the places to see what you need, let me know and I'll get some pictures as well. The FJZ battery fit wonderfully in the spot with some minor cutting after desmogged. It was super easy!

did you get any issues with triggering your check engine light after removing the EGR system from your 3fe?

I did it this weekend. I still need to remove the air pump and make some belt replacement/adjustments but as you can see it gave a lot of room :)
View attachment 1043203
Anyone know how to deal with this??!!

6CFDA5A4-15EF-4535-8388-72282E6A92BA.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom