3FE Cruise Control Cable Solution? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone figured out a solution for the 3FE Cruise Actuator to Throttle Body Cable? I know they're NLA. Has anyone found one of the proper length from a different Toyota model that works?

I have a 1HDT swap and am trying to get cruise set up. 3FE/1HDT had the same throttle-goes-through-the-cruise-actuator set up, unlike the 1FZ's set up.

Thanks!

Nope, but I'm interested for a solution too for my 1HZ with the cruise control setup I ported from a 1HDT. I got a brand new genuine accelerator cable for my 1HZ a couple of years back when they were still available. Now that I've put the CC in I've only got the old cables that came with it from the wreck I pulled it from, and new cables are all NLA now as you noted. Outer plastic cover is all split on mine like happens over time. I'm planning to remove the black plastic and wrap it in heat shrink for an electrical cable to prolong the life. I'd happily drop in new ones if there was an option to though.

I do know from my experience hunting through the various part numbers for the 1HZ accelerator cable, there are likely to be parts that are drop-in compatible replacements from other vehicles, but they won't be listed as official substitutes in the parts catalog. Maybe something from a 105 series? Have to physically eyeball and measure the parts to see what'll work though.

My 97 Camry also had the throttle through cc?

Another possibility is Inline Tube | Preformed Lines, Brake Products, DIY & Restoration Parts - https://www.inlinetube.com/ and have a custom cable made.

If anyone here has a GOOD one that can be provided as an example, it would be great because Inline Tube will create them, log it, then be able to offer them for sale to other 3FE owners.

I have used them for brake cables for rebuilding a 1970 GMC K2500 that appears to be a one-year-only version 4WD and has a unique parking brake cable setup.

Anyway, they can make any kind of cable setup, so see if they can help. You will have to actually speak with someone on the phone to get this rolling.

What qualifies as “good”? I have one that is in tact that I pulled because the outside was wearing and could see chunks coming off. Structurally it’s sound though.

What qualifies as “good”? I have one that is in tact that I pulled because the outside was wearing and could see chunks coming off. Structurally it’s sound though.
One that has both ends, has a correct sheath (even if it's damaged), and is hopefully not stretched, or it at least has its correct adjuster nuts and bits. Also, if there are any mounting brackets that are part of the cable sheath that need to be built in.

I sent them an old rusty, very stiff parking brake cable housing and they built a new one from that. I had to tell them how long I needed the cable at one end because it had been cut off, but they got it right.

Make sure that you let them know what this is from and you will be letting other LC members know so they can go to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom