3F to 3FE (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All I’ve been wanting to go Fuel injection for a while but I have a few questions

1 Will a 3FE intake etc bolt directly on the 3F
I have a aftermarket management system so I’m good with that

2 in South Africa there is not allot of places to get 3f parts where can I start looking

Kind regards
mav

I’m 99% sure the manifolds from the 3FE will fit the 3F head. I don’t think there were any changes to the ports or dimensions of the head between the 2F-3F-3FE, but I could be wrong.

For parts, you probably have to look at importing from over seas. We don’t have very many 3Fs in the USA. I’m not sure they were ever available here when new.

I think Australia got them and I’m pretty sure the Middle East got them too. You might do some research on Saudi Arabian used parts markets. Stuff pops up on eBay from time to time.

I’ve seen Land Cruiser parts on Gumtree.com before. Look at the European and Asian markets too. I found a Japanese version of EBay one time and they had pages and pages of old land cruiser parts for sale. I can’t find it for the life of me though. The whole site was in Japanese.

Other nerds around here will know more than me.

It may be easier to pursue a Holley Sniper. There are kits available for the 2F so you’d need to verify fitment

Hi All I’ve been wanting to go Fuel injection for a while but I have a few questions

1 Will a 3FE intake etc bolt directly on the 3F
I have a aftermarket management system so I’m good with that

2 in South Africa there is not allot of places to get 3f parts where can I start looking

Kind regards
mav
2F, 3F, 3FE heads are all interchangeable, but there are some slight differences.
See here: What's the difference in a 2F & 3F head? - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/whats-the-difference-in-a-2f-3f-head.219730/

I agree with @NearJetties on the simple EFI kit. I did a 3FE head swap onto my 2F block to make a "2FE" and if given the chance I wouldn't do it again. There's so much involved with 3FE electronics and wiring to make it a real PITA. A Holley sniper kit or something similar is the best route IMO.

If your having trouble finding parts where you are, try contacting some suppliers here in the USA. They may be able to offer international shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom