3D Printing Parts for the 80 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My mirror panel was broken, and another guy asked for a replacement too.
IMG_20210512_195136_507.jpg

IMG_20210512_195136_373.jpg

20210512_193827.jpg

Also working on adding a tweeter mount

View attachment 2673830

I like it!

@landcruiser3DP the triangle part is 3d printed to replace the oem cover with holes for stainless steel flat head bolts. There is also a ram mount attached. From there you can mount anything you want.

@landcruiser3DP the triangle part is 3d printed to replace the oem cover with holes for stainless steel flat head bolts. There is also a ram mount attached. From there you can mount anything you want.
is that ram mount going though to some fixing in the door itself? or is it somehow fixing to a metal (insert) in the printed part? or did you tap the plastic for the ram mount? do you mind explaining i am alway happy to figure something out or learn something.
it’s an interesting part in a lot of ways AFAIK.

@landcruiser3DP The ram mount is attached to the 3d printed part with a flat head 1/4 20 bolt in the same manner as my baofeng ham radio mount

Haha have you thought about printing "coat hanger" hooks for the cruiser.......

I have Paracord running from the grabhandle bolts from one side to the other. It works ok but it would be better if whatever hooks are created would have a slot to run Paracord that can be put up or taken down quickly. Or if not Paracord , shock cord. I use it to dry clothes or put up a curtain between front seat and second row.

Not yet, where would you like them
Haha, you better google 3D printed coat hanger hooks and ATF before you get too serious.

I'd love to see the little black plastic clips that hold the dash vents to the housing remade... They look like this:
View attachment 2677342
so i have one of these vents loose. what is this part please and is there a proper way to pull it to make sure the round part isn't busted?
also it seems like it would be nice to make a round plastic part replacement that you could super glue to the vent if yours busted...?

so i have one of these vents loose. what is this part please and is there a proper way to pull it to make sure the round part isn't busted?
also it seems like it would be nice to make a round plastic part replacement that you could super glue to the vent if yours busted...?
Can you show me what you thinking about mending? I have the vent out now.. my surround is busted already..

@WannaCruise
View attachment 2679705

Here is the little guy in gray, I'll add it to the site. Solvefunction.com
so elsewhere we started a conversation about my vent that has the little cylindrical nub busted off. seems like we could have a fix if part for that failure.
also i am not totally sure how these things go back in.
anyone have a link to how to put these in? i know it is not idiot proof since i busted the ones on my tacoma taking them out and don't want to do it on the 80...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom