3B turbo kits (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maybe Radd Cruisers could chime in if he can provide a deal on Denco turbos? In mass qty.

Well I have run an AXT for the last 7 years and 350,000km. (600,000 on motor) I really cant say anything bad about it. I have had no issues. I have driven my truck to Central America twice. Other than pulling over to adjust the fuel screw at altitude, I have not had to touch anything.

Three years ago I put a front mount Supra intercooler on and it made a tremendous difference. Everything was cooler, EGTs water temp, got a few MPG more and am able to hold 5th gear up most hills. THe turbo lag is very noticeable, but I am not racing, and the benefits are worth it. I cranked the wastegate to run 14lbs post intercooler. Proof fhe AXT is capable of producing such boost. Actually It will produce more than that but I feel this is as much as I want to push my motor.

Lots of people say that this is too much boost, and I partially agree. however it has been about 150,000km runing this much boost and just now I am starting to loose coolant (cracked head)

On a side note the newer AXT kits have a larger turbine housing than mine.

I have not tried the other kits but, in my opinion the AXT is excellent.

All these turbos are fairly equal, I think however you can boost the AXT a fair bit more than the Denco, so for guys who want the big juice that would be the way to go.

As for 8 to 14 PSI Denco does a good job.

Denco also has offered a pretty cool set up for the 1hz and also a water to air aftercooler I believe, very compact has its own coolant seperate from the engine.

Rob

All these turbos are fairly equal, I think however you can boost the AXT a fair bit more than the Denco, so for guys who want the big juice that would be the way to go.

As for 8 to 14 PSI Denco does a good job.

Denco also has offered a pretty cool set up for the 1hz and also a water to air aftercooler I believe, very compact has its own coolant seperate from the engine.

Rob

yeah sorry forgot to mention that before i know on the 3B set ups it replaces the air intake pipe that crosses over the rocker cover very neat little set up..... its been priced at about 1400AU tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom