3B injection pump swap? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

canadian bum

SILVER Star
Threads
Is the rotory pump on the 3B interchangable with the inline injection pump on the B and 2B, I'm asking because I need to switch the 12 volt 3B to 24 volt to go into my BJ 40.

I'm not trying to swap to 12 i'm trying to swap to 24. But the motor is interchangable?

uuuuh,

AFAIK the can spec. 3b is an inline pump, the 3bII has a rotary (13bt too??)

12 or 24 has nothing to do with the pump, it's mechanical. just change out the electrical and you are golden.

this is from a 12v truck to a 24v right?

should just bolt right in.

crusty

that is what i was wondering. What is the difference between the 3B and 3B II? Is it just the injection pump?

ask islandmoose,

he has one of them goofy wrongside drive thingy's ;) and i think there are some engine bay pics of his 3bII.

maybe the intake? not too sure.

i'm sure crushers will shed some light :rolleyes:

what is the donor out of? i know of several bj60 "lump" (12v) to bj40/fj40 (12 and 24V) swaps with out any drama, should be easy if you have all of the 12v or 24v parts (depending on which way you are switching) needed.

clear as mud?

hth

crusty

canadian bum said:
I'm not to sure what it came out of I just have the engine, tranny, and tcase.

uuuuh,

i got nuth'n :flipoff2:

post some pics, we can all play "what's this cruiser part" ;)

then maybe someone can point you in the right direction ;)

crusty

I think it came out of a mining truck. But it does have the 12 volt setup and has the rotary injection pump.

canadian bum said:
Is the rotory pump on the 3B interchangable with the inline injection pump on the B and 2B, I'm asking because I need to switch the 12 volt 3B to 24 volt to go into my BJ 40.

I know Ens Toyota sells a 12 volt shut off according to Sheldon, not sur if it will fit a rotory pump off a 3B2.

It will not cost you anthing to try the shut off with the 24 volt, if it cooks then you get the 24 volt unit??

We have a 24 volt unit working off of 12 volts, takes a couple second longer to kick in.

Rob

Last edited:
Is it possible to rig up a cable shut off on the 3B? They probaly used them on the 1st B engines.

My land cruiser is 24 Volt my 3B is a 12 volt. But now that I know that they can be changed I'll just but the 24 volt one on my injection pump instead of running the 12 volt one off of 24 volts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom