3B edic/fuel control relay issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an 85 BJ60, and have of course been having some EDIC issues 😒 previously it was doing the funky chicken, constantly cycling between OI, run and stop. I thought it was a disconnected ground, however am still having issues. The arm now won’t move at all when trying to start it. Took apart the fuel control relay and there’s definitely a lot of corrosion. Have a new one lined up, just wondering if a new relay will fix my issue, or if I should also pull apart the EDIC motor?

276B3FD7-4A4D-46F6-A39F-0FAB8145A5EA.jpeg

You can check if the motor works separately swinging the arm side to side with a fuse and external battery. Do a search here, you shall find it.

Your edic relay is definitely in bad condition , most likely the cause.

You can check if the motor works separately swinging the arm side to side with a fuse and external battery. Do a search here, you shall find it.

Your edic relay is definitely in bad condition , most likely the cause.
Ok, thanks for the advice! I’ll give that a go and definitely start with replacing the relay.

-Laura

If you are 12v, I can highly recommend a young fella in Oz making the edic relays to suit the 3b and 2h's, he is really bright, earnest and a nice guy, I give him a plug whenever I can. I think young folks need all the encouragement and support for what is looking like a difficult future.

His website is Home | Revive Your Rig - https://www.reviveyourrig.com/

His 24v relays are on the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom