TLCA Cancelled! - 32nd Annual Rubithon Wagon Run Official Thread, Date Change - August 19-23, 2020 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I ended up blasting out to Tahoe from Ouray and running the trail reverse from Tahoe to Loon.
I would have gotten it done in a day but I had to wait three hours for 150 jeeps to climb Cadillac first to exit from their Secret Jeep Jamboree.
I blew my rear diff just after the Springs but was able too cobble it into a semi workable open diff that I used to finish the trail.
I also ripped a motor mount off the frame and was able to I get the that welded up along with the hole in the rear axle by the nice guys from RTF. @pardion brought me a fresh third to the Loon parking lot the next morning.
I had a great time.

View attachment 2402407

View attachment 2402414
How did that happen

How did that happen

Going up the hard part of Big Sluice. I actually made it over, heard a snap as I crested the top of the obstacle, rolled about three feet and it popped. Heavy right foot and V8 power probably didn't help.

Still looking for some adventurous individuals to run the Rubicon this weekend. COVID TIMES =COVID MEASURES. If you have never run it and have been procrastinating for the “right” year. Make it this year. I have never been through myself. Been on lots of other trails. Going to be at the trailhead at Loon Lake on Thursday at noon. Eat lunch and then head in from there. Plan on camping 3 nights on the trail. Me and my daughter. Would love another rig to go with me.

Plenty of Rubithon peeps going camping this week/weekend, head on up

Scratch that, wildfire has once again shhut us down, evac was to warning stage so we didnt have to leave , watched it burn just north of mount jackson all nite, could see enormous flames just trying to jump the ridge and burn down to russian river but it stayed west of the ridge, still burning

Marlin's B-day is our new target date, Other PMC members are affected by fires as well and had to shelve their camping thoughts too. Hoping & praying that the Henry's place survives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom