300 series rumors??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks to be discontinued.

View attachment 2673840

46665FDC-5276-484F-A309-BAD4F0E42D04.jpeg

So the rest of the world gets Land Cruiser frenzy with lots of different models and accessories and all with different grills - and the USA gets nothing.

Something is wrong with this picture
This is not new either unfortunately. Lots of other models and grades have been available since 100 series, while we get the most expensive option only.

So the rest of the world gets Land Cruiser frenzy with lots of different models and accessories and all with different grills - and the USA gets nothing.

Yeah. If sucks but at some point they will have to announce the 2022 LX. We in the USA are stuck with that ugly grill but I’m sure it will be a solid truck.

Why is there no change.org petition about this? I looked on change.org and there’s a petition from 2 years ago that seems to have lost some steam.

Just saw a video about a GR-S version of the LC300 and joined this site because of it… lol.

Why is there no change.org petition about this? I looked on change.org and there’s a petition from 2 years ago that seems to have lost some steam.

Just saw a video about a GR-S version of the LC300 and joined this site because of it… lol.
It sucks it won’t be in the USA

it’d be an instabuy

Honestly with states adopting electric by 2035 mandates, low sales volume, and the increased competition by the niche by EVs, although I can't speak to the level of crossover of potential LC vs Rivian, cybertruck, and Hummer buyers.... I think it'll take a fully electric platform to bring the LC back to the states (unless they bring back the name with a FJ update intended to crowd the Jeep and Bronco market). Obviously, this is only my humble opinion, but that's my read on the market. Better to exit at the top than to flop. Who knows, maybe it was too hard to add car play 😂

Honestly with states adopting electric by 2035 mandates, low sales volume, and the increased competition by the niche by EVs, although I can't speak to the level of crossover of potential LC vs Rivian, cybertruck, and Hummer buyers.... I think it'll take a fully electric platform to bring the LC back to the states (unless they bring back the name with a FJ update intended to crowd the Jeep and Bronco market). Obviously, this is only my humble opinion, but that's my read on the market. Better to exit at the top than to flop. Who knows, maybe it was too hard to add car play 😂
Lol. 14 years to all electric? What a pipe dream.

So tank capacity goes down from 93L+45L to 80L+30L? Granted 110L (~26.4 gal) is still more than U.S. 200's 93 liters alone (or ~24.5 gal), but that looks like move in the wrong direction. Then what, US's Lexus version will be just 80L (~21 gal)?

Of course the V6TT will be a fuel sipper :)

Lol. 14 years to all electric? What a pipe dream.

Such promises are nothing more than strategic, political moves. Promise the world today & reap the benefits of that promise, knowing full well that when the time to fulfill those promises rolls around, you won't be in office and it'll be someone else's problem to deal with. Bonus points for then taking advantage of the situation with "if I had still been in office, I coulda woulda." Smoke & mirrors, nothing more.

I like the Rivian, so far only EV truck that did an actual overland expedition unlike the cybertruck. The Hummer EV seems to be getting a lot of testing in Moab.

However I don’t like that the EV trucks use up a lot of battery on sandy/ slippery surfaces along with not many available high speed chargers near trails. The current 300 mile range Rivian gets 100 miles of range out in the sand. And the VW ID4 had to carry a biofuel generator for the Baja race.

I think a PHEV Land Cruiser would workout great. There are transmissions that also house an electric motor like the one used in the PHEV Wrangler. (Theoretically you can swap such an EV transmission into older trucks) Give it a large enough battery for electric commuting m-f. Then use fuel for weekend overland trips. Use the built in batteries to power base camp/ fridge/ lights/ etc.

But one can only dream because we aren’t getting a Land Cruiser in the USA… oh well I’ll stick with my FJ Cruiser for weekends and my Tesla for weekdays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom