300 series rumors??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The current LX has all speed cruise but even the LC never got it. I was under the impression brake hold and all speed cruise were typically tied into the electronic parking brake but maybe it's all ABS.

Looking at interior photos of a '21 LX, I don't see a handbrake lever. Did they go electric? Ugh!

My 2021 LC has both the electric brake and a hand brake. If I stop and put the car into neutral, it gets immobilized.

Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 16.45.54.png

My favorite new feature. For real.

I'd want this regardless, though. They look like plastic/ABS tanks though.

Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 15.27.05.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 15.26.53.png

I really don't understand the fuss about the tailgate. Sure, I like it, and it can be useful, but it can also be a pain in the butt and an annoyance.

No tailgate means just one panel to open (vs two), a larger hatch to give you more cover, and easier to reach the furthest points of the cargo area. Plus it opens up the possibility of having an opening/lowering rear window - I'd take that over a tailgate any day.

A real dealbreaker would be something like an electronic hand brake. I just had my first experience with one: mom parked her little CX5 in my garage, nose in. My travel trailer was in the other stall. CX5 battery died, so I figured "hey, no problem, let's pop that baby in neutral, push it out of the garage and I'll jump it from my LX." After some 20 minutes of wondering why the hell I couldn't move a tiny car on a level surface, I Google'd the CX5 manual and learned that in the even of a dead battery, you CANNOT disengage the hand brake. WHAT?! Cue: 1.5hrs to move all of the other vehicles, move the travel trailer, bring in the LX into the garage, jump the CX5, and reverse the process.

As of today, I view electronic hand brake the same way I view meth: not even once. F-CK THAT!

/end rant.
Seems like taking the battery out of a vehicle and carrying it to the CX would have been much easier....

EPB is not a bad thing, and I would think there would a manual method to disengaging it on a land cruiser. You will still have to get up underneath the rear axle, but you will be able to disengage it. I think the reality we live in is that its very simple to keep a small jumper pack in your vehicle. There are some real benefits that electronics can provide from safety to convenience. It make sense that these would be incorporated into the next gen, with some added robustness to maintain its prestige.

I don't understand the connection between those features and an electric parking brake?

My LX has "brake hold," as did my Tacoma before it. Both have normal, hand-operated parking brakes.

Pretty sure the newer 200-series have all speed cruise control, and they have the same, normal hand-operated parking brake.
Brake hold is with the hydraulic brake system (same as your pedal, and EPB is with a motor on your rear caliper that tightens down similar to how you would use your foot or hand brake.

@Onur any info on the transmission and hybrid system?

There are currently no indications (technically, that is) that a hybrid iteration will be available initially. That would make sense to me. I am sure there are kinks being worked out for the integration of hybrdization on such a vehicle like the LC platform. I am also sure that hybridization will be market-specific. A hybrid might not really be the best idea for TGS vehicles, but would be great for Europe market writ large.

1GR base models will get the 6-speed. That makes complete sense function/end-user wise:

Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 15.42.48.png

And the twin-turbo gets the 10-speed:

Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 11.13.41.png

Nice. I suspect we'll see something like the Hino 195H... and in the Tundra first. @FJ73Texas needs to come clean with us on that!

Lets just say your assumptions are partially correct. Only about the "H" part. Every time I ask the people I know if there will be diesel, I am told that it is never going to happen every time.

There was a time when it almost happened but that ship sailed long time ago.

Yeah, I didn't think it would be diesel, but my post does imply that. Rather, the set up will be like the Hino, IC engine, electric motor, auto transmission. The electric motor will be separate from what will be a traditional 10 speed auto transmission... sitting in between the V35A FTS and the AJA0F 10 speed.

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I didn't think it would be diesel, but my post does imply that. Rather, the set up will be like the Hino, IC engine, electric motor, auto transmission. The electric motor will be separate from what will be a traditional 10 speed auto transmission... sitting in between the V35A FTS and the AJA0F 10 speed.

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, the hybrid is happening for sure but it will launch a bit later in the MY22 model launch.

The barn door equipped 40s, (possibly 55s), 60s, 70s, 80s, 100s and 200s would all disagree.

Hello,

x2.

General market and select markets models quite likely will have barn doors or a tail gate. And the spare tire will mount on the door.

Juan

I haven't been following very closely so forgive me if this is old news but it looks like the Diesel 3.3 V6 will be about 300HP/500 FT lbs. and the 3.5 V6 gasser about 420HP/430 ft-lbs That seems very adequate even if the vehicle is bigger than its predecessor (again). It'd be interesting if they would hybridize the oil burner.

I'm pretty sure with the new integral frames. We will see hybrids in the new lc, and tundra 2023 or 2024!
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom