300 series at least two years away (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, my other truck is a 3.5 eco boost expedition EL. That 3.5 is a super sweet engine. Fast, and instant torque. It’s been darn reliable. Fords made a ton of them with limited issues. Only complaint is the engine sounds suck. That said, Count me in on a LC with twin turbos.

I read where the planned build date for the 300 is October, 2021. Whether there will be a LC version or just an LX version is anyone's guess.

hopefully it won't have the flying C-pillar. I wish Mr T would go classy, understated, and performance oriented with the 300. God knows we will be stuck with it for the next 20 years.

Like the new headlights but hate the new grill. Looks like Lexus grill will be added to LC too. Definitely not into turbo engines (maybe in 10 years after it proves itself). Meantime will be gladly contributing to the global warming with my v8

Like the new headlights but hate the new grill. Looks like Lexus grill will be added to LC too. Definitely not into turbo engines (maybe in 10 years after it proves itself). Meantime will be gladly contributing to the global warming with my v8
That’s just an artist’s conception. Don’t assume that it has anything to do with what the production vehicle will look like. This is just another speculative article based on rumors. Maybe it has something to do with reality, maybe not.

That’s just an artist’s conception. Don’t assume that it has anything to do with what the production vehicle will look like. This is just another speculative article based on rumors. Maybe it has something to do with reality, maybe not.
Exactly

1579044340803.jpeg

The above says it's going to have a CVT...

Mud's thoughts on this?
The unsubstantiated rumor is that it will have the drivetrain from the LS 500 hybrid. Note, however, that the LS 500 hybrid’s transmission is a lot more complicated than a simple CVT. It also apparently has a 4-speed automatic transmission combined with the CVT.

But, again, this is simply an unsubstantiated rumor published by a magazine in order to get more clicks. Maybe it is true. More likely it isn’t. We will know a few years from now.

Closed this thread. Lets just have a single thread on this until it becomes something real

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom