2hr 15 min trainer ride today (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my wife and kiddos headed off to see a play and left me home alone. Was planning to do an hour on the trainer, then go running outside. At the hour mark I could see the snow had not let up and the roads would be a hazard to run on, so I popped in a Coach Troy DVD for a 90 minute tempo workout just to beat the crap out of myself. Oh man did I. You know that feeling when you're working so hard to keep the tempo in that gear and your arms start shuddering even though they're doing no work? Yep. Or the stage of agony where you find yourself shifting hand positions from the drops to the brake hoods to the flats for no reason save something to take your mind off the burning quads?

Knew you'd all appreciate it.

DougM

I can't tolerate more than about 10 minutes on a trainer and I start going bonkers.

Kudos to yah..
Its easier to do the trainer when you live on snow country..but I too could only do 10 min...before saying "screw it".
Now days I just hang gear on my trainer...

It was 65F today and expected to be upper 70's on the weekend...

We rode this last week

IMAG1196.jpg

A bit chilly and too much snow to ride the ranch nextdoor. Got in 45 minutes on the road.

image-599284857.jpg
image-599284857.jpg

Nice - abuse the poor guys up north. Ah well, you'll be dealing with traffic tomorrow and I won't - heh. Manu, where is that trail? I rode Orange County a lot and some stuff above Riverside and mostly Palos Verde, but that pic doesn't look familiar.

I would sooner sit on the couch and eat lard than ever touch an indoor trainer again. Btw, I did 16 miles of singletrack last night. Short sleeves, ~70 degrees. Prolly get out for an hour tonight if I can make myself get some s*** done around the office.

i go crazy at an hour 15 on the rollers (kreitlers), how did you do 2.15hrs thats crazy....i've been getting 100+mi a week inside now for months and need to get back on the road before i go to an institution for being a nut job----cheers to you man

Just did 10 miles this eve on single track in Mission Trails, San Diego
image-940482490.jpg

Thats a crazy amount of time on a trainer. When I had my trainer I would do about 45 min. and that was enough. I bet your legs felt like apple sauce afterward

Manu, where is that trail? I rode Orange County a lot and some stuff above Riverside and mostly Palos Verde, but that pic doesn't look familiar.

Doug, that trail is on the San Gabriels near Crystal Lake off of hwy 39.
For reference if you ever rode in the san Gabriels.. its about 20 miles east of Chilao Trail and it crosses the PCT (perfect cycling Trail :flipoff2: )

If there is snow I will go skiing or snowshoeing, or ride my snowbike if the snow is too crappy for skiing. I can't do indoor training, if the weather is too bad to do anything outside I will drink beer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom