2H vs. 3B engines (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I love this comment, I feel the same when I drive my troopy bj45
Wow. BJ 45? That’s the dream there.

I personally love how much the 3B shakes, I also love the sound, I like the short gears, I like the short rev range. I like everything about these, they have a lot of character and a good nature.

I like my 2h because I have one !
and soon to have a second..
1669616263526.png

I wouldn’t mind trying a 2H, but when shopping for a diesel, I figured the 3B was superior. I love the sound of the 2H diesels, and I’m sure the. Extra 20 HP makes a difference.

I wouldn’t mind trying a 2H, but when shopping for a diesel, I figured the 3B was superior. I love the sound of the 2H diesels, and I’m sure the. Extra 20 HP makes a difference.
really!? 20hp extra, didn't know that, slow as, but I like it, no worries towing heavy in lo. When I had a 'b' in a 40 shorty I wished I had a 3b, but hj75 down here came in one flavour. Probably a hz is better still. 12ht is the legend, but parts would be real hard to source and exy.

I was raving about the legend of 12ht to a mate the other day and we looked at hj61 prices, they all had an impressive amount of kilometers on them.

really!? 20hp extra, didn't know that, slow as, but I like it, no worries towing heavy in lo. When I had a 'b' in a 40 shorty I wished I had a 3b, but hj75 down here came in one flavour. Probably a hz is better still. 12ht is the legend, but parts would be real hard to source and exy.

I was raving about the legend of 12ht to a mate the other day and we looked at hj61 prices, they all had an impressive amount of kilometers on them.

Well sounds like you have good access to diesels. In Canada we only have 3B or 2H. 12HT sounds like the best always, however, I read on the internet that they are oil burners. Who knows, any Toyota diesel is cool, I know the 3B is going to be slow( that’s why I like it )

Well sounds like you have good access to diesels. In Canada we only have 3B or 2H. 12HT sounds like the best always, however, I read on the internet that they are oil burners. Who knows, any Toyota diesel is cool, I know the 3B is going to be slow( that’s why I like it )
I am not always convinced of the new, especially when it comes to reliability either.

I can get 12km/l on the freeway in the 2h carrying a 500kg load, slowly. Even for a modern car, that is not bad. I don't lose oil, no smoke, no kidding. Regular clean oil and fresh injectors.

Same mate has a new prado, it is not much more efficient and too scared to go bush in fear of scratches. It is comfy tho, nicer in the city which is an oxymoron.

The newer vd v8 lc's have awesome power but still drink fuel, I do not think you would get a million k's from one of them, I'd like to know. Let alone servicing electric injectors can be 6x the price than a mechanical injector. And electrical and computer controlled potential nightmares.

I think after what I have learnt and had to start again, I would go the hz. Simple, bit more power, potential million k's and can still get all parts straight from tojo.

I am not always convinced of the new, especially when it comes to reliability either.

I can get 12km/l on the freeway in the 2h carrying a 500kg load, slowly. Even for a modern car, that is not bad. I don't lose oil, no smoke, no kidding. Regular clean oil and fresh injectors.

Same mate has a new prado, it is not much more efficient and too scared to go bush in fear of scratches. It is comfy tho, nicer in the city which is an oxymoron.

The newer vd v8 lc's have awesome power but still drink fuel, I do not think you would get a million k's from one of them, I'd like to know. Let alone servicing electric injectors can be 6x the price than a mechanical injector. And electrical and computer controlled potential nightmares.

I think after what I have learnt and had to start again, I would go the hz. Simple, bit more power, potential million k's and can still get all parts straight from tojo.

Honestly old diesels are just simply cool…. It’s a fact. They are cooler than gas engines in my opinion

I like both of them mate.
If I lived in the Middle East, I would certainly keep the 2F.
If I lived in the USA, I would consider to keep the 2F...
...but as I live in Euroland, there is no question: diesel is the only viable option for (most) Cruiser users (it used to be so even in the Eighties, when our 40/50/60/70-Series beauties were showroom models).

Well, Personally I thought diesels were always superior to gasoline engines. Whenever people see my cruiser, they always ask “is it diesel?” And I reply with “sadly no” people love them for what they were, slow old, reliable diesels. Not to mention that they are significantly more heavy duty than the gasoline engine, or at least the 3B is.

Well, Personally I thought diesels were always superior to gasoline engines. Whenever people see my cruiser, they always ask “is it diesel?” And I reply with “sadly no” people love them for what they were, slow old, reliable diesels. Not to mention that they are significantly more heavy duty than the gasoline engine, or at least the 3B is.
petroleum has it's place, but I prefer diesels for heavy loads for sure.

petroleum has it's place, but I prefer diesels for heavy loads for sure.
a diesel chainsaw would be impractically heavy, and without the high end punch.
and still nothing like a petroleum v8, gas guzzlers but extremely romantic.
My wife's little 4 cylinder mazda virtually runs on petrol fumes on the long road without a heavy load.

But, I love how diesels rely on pressure, so they have to be made fairly strong from concept. Also diesel is less volatile. Vegie oil is good stuff too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom