2H Injection Pump Leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jfc

Threads
My wife's 2H injection pump is leaking diesel from the top. Doing some reading on here it seems to be the injector valve seal.

Is this just an o-ring? Any idea what size? Is there a seal kit out there?

Also the injector valve seal seems to have some sort of lock on it, any secific orientation it needs to be in? or is the jut to prevent it from backing off.

And what are these torqued to?

Thanks

If you tighten the union nut that is on the injector line itself will it stop leaking? I would do that before you open a bigger can of worms than you want.

The minute you back off the locknut on top of the leak-off rail you might introduce air into that system causing all sorts of issues and you might as well go buy 6 new aluminum washers and grab a copy of the 2H FSM. 2H's do not like air in the fuel system....that I know.

Here is a pic from the fsm
photo-28.jpg

If you tighten the union nut that is on the injector line itself will it stop leaking? I would do that before you open a bigger can of worms than you want.

The minute you back off the locknut on top of the leak-off rail you might introduce air into that system causing all sorts of issues and you might as well go buy 6 new aluminum washers and grab a copy of the 2H FSM. 2H's do not like air in the fuel system....that I know.

I guess thats worth a try.

thanks for all the info

Just tightning didnt work, and I don't have a wrench to fit the bottom (where its loosning when I try to take the line off) will get one today.

Orderd gaskets from 4wheelauto, $4.35 ea, and dan called them delivery valve gaskets.

Hope those gaskets work, i have a similar leak which went away for a month or so.

I need to get a copy of the FSM, took the delivery valves out (maybe just the housing) and some spring comes out too, there seems to be more stuff (valve components?) I can take out of the injection pump, and I guess the gasket is at the bottom? I should take some pictures.

Some pics of the injection pump with the lines off, the valve gaskets, and the delivery valve. You can see the old gasketd still on the base of the delvery valve. The FSM shows the blowup well. I think it leaked because it loosened up; when taking the lines off the piece abouet the valve would thered out quite easily. This is likley because the clamp was not on right (only touching one of the two grooverd rings).
IMG_3869.jpg
IMG_3872.jpg
IMG_3874.jpg

Just started my hj60 and it whistled really weirdly and then Diesel was all in the area where you pulled apart,wondering if you fixed it and was that the problem only?
Is there any other area in that area that fuel can leak?

What was the inner dia of the thread on the air hose fitting to remove the delivery valve which holds the gasket? I attempted a 1/4" fitting to no avail

Cheers

I'm trying to identify the thread.. I'll let you know the outcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom