2F HOLLY SNIPER EFI (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I suspect you're not getting an RPM signal to the Sniper from the coil. Its sputtering from the prime shot but without an RPM signal it will never continue to inject fuel. Stock ignition system? Correct yellow wire to the negative side of the coil? (I think there are 2 yellows)
I'd ask over at Holley Forums if the wiring checks out OK

just to clarify. It NEVER shows RPM?
Not getting a RPM signal. Just keeps reading "STALL" even when its cranking. Stock ignition system. Ignition coil to distributor. No external ballast. Yes, yellow wire from SNIPER is going to negative side of the coil. 1 yellow wire only from Sniper kit.

Not getting a RPM signal. Just keeps reading "STALL" even when its cranking. Stock ignition system. Ignition coil to distributor. No external ballast. Yes, yellow wire from SNIPER is going to negative side of the coil. 1 yellow wire only from Sniper kit.
Sorry, I don't know then.
I'd ask at Holley, very knowledgeable people there.
Sniper EFI

Don't ask on Facebook, bunch of knuckleheads on that page..

Mine had similar issues at first. It would not quite start and if it did it was very brief and then stalled. I found if I turned it on and let it prime and then turned it off without starting. Then turned it back on again for a second prime. It always started that way. So, I raised the “Fuel Prime” setting and then it always started. I remember doubling the percentage at first and but brought it down some. You might want to try the “Double Prime” start to see if it helps before changing the setting.
Myself, I wouldn’t run without a gauge. My gauge detected a faulty regulator just testing the pump before the first start.

Mine had similar issues at first. It would not quite start and if it did it was very brief and then stalled. I found if I turned it on and let it prime and then turned it off without starting. Then turned it back on again for a second prime. It always started that way. So, I raised the “Fuel Prime” setting and then it always started. I remember doubling the percentage at first and but brought it down some. You might want to try the “Double Prime” start to see if it helps before changing the setting.
Myself, I wouldn’t run without a gauge. My gauge detected a faulty regulator just testing the pump before the first start.
I will give this a try! Thank you. Hopefully I doesn't have a fuel pressure regulator issue. Heard that was common on the earlier Sniper kits, while reading some of the forums on here.

How would I go about setting the fuel prime setting, if I end up needing to adjust?

So I did a little diagnostics today. And after priming the fuel pump about 5 times, the car fired a little longer than yesterday before shutting off again.

Does that mean the EFI is not getting enough gas. Or has something to do with the system not getting the 60psi of fuel that is needed to run the efi?

I'd say ya gotta get a gauge on there.

I plumbed a gauge into the hardline along the valve cover. It can be plugged if needed/wanted. It uses an adjustable regulator along the frame rail so a return line in the engine bay isn’t needed.
96000265-D1B0-4D5F-B7DB-14EC1526B270.jpeg

I plumbed a gauge into the hardline along the valve cover. It can be plugged if needed/wanted. It uses an adjustable regulator along the frame rail so a return line in the engine bay isn’t needed. View attachment 2513850
That might be my issue right there. I took the hard line out and used and cut the extra hose that Holley sent with the kit, and created a feed line from the pre-filter, pump, and post filter.

I plumbed a gauge into the hardline along the valve cover. It can be plugged if needed/wanted. It uses an adjustable regulator along the frame rail so a return line in the engine bay isn’t needed. View attachment 2513850
Also, did you delete your voltage regulator from the charging system, and how?! I've been trying to do that as well!!!!!!

hat might be my issue right there. I took the hard line out and used and cut the extra hose that Holley sent with the kit, and created a feed line from the pre-filter, pump, and post filter.
How about some pics of your pump, filters and plumbing.

I plumbed a gauge into the hardline along the valve cover. It can be plugged if needed/wanted. It uses an adjustable regulator along the frame rail so a return line in the engine bay isn’t needed.
Which regulator did you use? I tried "This" but had issues. Went to "This" and "This" with great results.

Which regulator did you use? I tried "This" but had issues. Went to "This" and "This" with great results.

I initially used a corvette style filter/regulator but couldn’t get the push on fittings to seal. I switched it out for an adjustable regulator from Holley.

095CD6A2-6C2E-4872-87B8-BADA24DD2362.jpeg
38945DC1-193B-4381-B1DA-974F513504E4.jpeg

I initially used a corvette style filter/regulator but couldn’t get the push on fittings to seal. I switched it out for an adjustable regulator from Holley.
Nice setup! I really like the single supply line in the engine bay and no return line picking up heat and returning it to the tank and warming it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom