2F Exhaust manifold Flange to Down Pipe Question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1686018070713.png

it's been 13 YEARS , 41 days and 4.20 metric hours since EVERYONE's favorite SOLID MUD BUDDY @EWheeler , and well my extra special I.L.C. ( Iridium Level Client ) to of course .....:D:beer:
made that last hopefull post lost in time till , as we like to say at the
SKUNK-WORKS Labrotory. " We Re-Wind Time "
so here we are and there we go ....:popcorn:

The Evolution of the 3-Bolt FLANGE 2F Engine
Exhaust Manifold Front Down Pipe
Has Taken one Giant Leap Foward for all
2F kind

to
.304 Stainless Steel and 10mm THICK !

Matt,

1. You're a mad man.
2. I'm embarrassed to say the poor 40 that I inquired about this flange for a mere 13 YEARS , 41 days and 4.20 metric hours ago, still sits in the same state of disassembly, almost as if time stood still.
3. I bought a set of 3FE manifolds and aftermarket flanges for the aforementioned 40 to solve my exhaust problem. I may not get to installing them before the next decade passes if life continues on with its current rate of chaos.
4. I drove my topless '71 creampuff to the office tonight to get some wind in my hair, and it was glorious.

I bid you good night sir.

Matt,

1. You're a mad man.
2. I'm embarrassed to say the poor 40 that I inquired about this flange for a mere 13 YEARS , 41 days and 4.20 metric hours ago, still sits in the same state of disassembly, almost as if time stood still.
3. I bought a set of 3FE manifolds and aftermarket flanges for the aforementioned 40 to solve my exhaust problem. I may not get to installing them before the next decade passes if life continues on with its current rate of chaos.
4. I drove my topless '71 creampuff to the office tonight to get some wind in my hair, and it was glorious.

I bid you good night sir.

Last edited:
FJ40 TOP here TOP

FJ60
BOTTOM here below FJ40

NOTE : both use the Stainless Steal PIPE DREAM 2F Manifold Flange ...

1686474229017.png

download (1).jpeg

download.jpeg

Last edited:
What size pipe is this cut for? Would be nice to offer standard US exhaust pipe sizes 2.25 through 3 inches.

What size pipe is this cut for? Would be nice to offer standard US exhaust pipe sizes 2.25 through 3 inches.

thanks for that paticular question here mr. iptman.... :)

- i gave that topic of the common SAE or local USA custom fancy anything goes specialty EXHAUST niche shop or the local MIDAS muffler shop you and me have down the street / mom and pop type operation , alot of thought for sure here ....

- it was not until i was able to track down a actual good condition LIVE specimine OEM original survivor that also was in good enough condition to cad-scan and hand off to my gifted and talented Water JETTING sands of time metal shop guru , did it click , MR.T either was on the TEq 8-BALL or well i / we just got plain lucky here too .....

- the actual DEAD NUTZ exact ID of the OEM Specimine JIG was / is 65mm , this translates into SAE 2 9/16 " exactly .....

- so ....

- a SAE Common 2.5 " inch USA exhaust pipe is actually more perfect then perfect , this leaves the entire ID flandge / OD pipe free play at a more then desireable 1/32 all around 360' . i did take my inital live protype to the local ADVANCE auto and test fit a piece of 2.5" repair pipe they had on the shelf , and it slides freely , yet you could not ask for a tighter clearence of the 2 metal components

- i WILL update the store offering page to reflect ALL the tech above .....

- i will also get pics soon as i can too and post here and there too of this , but the below should work till i can get back to the auto parts store for that photo tech...

- lastly , i DO have the next in line REAR / lower / END flange of the DOWN PIPE to Converter / B pipe section in production now as we speak ......

- so if anyone is wondering , this unique TOYOTA 3 bolt flange end of down pipe is also SAME exact as the front flange of converter / or B pipe section too / FJ60 muffler tail pipe assy....

- i actually totally started hunting for a sutible next in line one , called SOR too , anything any body , until several phone calls in , the fellow on the phone said " hey dude , would it not just be another rear front pipe flange too ? " .....

-
i went silent and slowly hit the red END call button ..🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom