2F-E swap update (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thought that I should post some follow up here about the 2F-E swap and how it is today.

It has 3000 miles on it now (yea, I don't get a chance to drive often). I had a valve stem seal(s) leaking very bad and just got that fixed a couple weeks ago. Since then, I have been driving it more. The last highway trip I got nearly 20 mpg. That was really nice, but the engine was pinging due to a lean running situation.

I have adjusted the AFM (MAF sensor) to 12 clicks richer. No more ping, but mileage has went down too.

I really like it still. The other day on the freeway, I opened it up to see what she would do. 95 MPH and still had some pull left, but my nuts are in my wifes purse so I let off.

If I had an option to do this swap again, I would. If you have questions, ask away.

:eek: 95MPH? Most be a NASCAR cruiser!!!:flipoff2:
just kiding;) So how do you feel the driving compare to the 2F talking about the performance issues?

Are you serious when you said 95 mph?!?

Did you swap in a standard with that block, or did you keep the A440?

I am serious. 95 MPH. I am actually really surprised that the 2F-E winds up so well. I still have the A440. It has no modifications besides an extra cooler.

FJ60_cruiser: I'm not entirely sure about your question. Are you asking what my driving had to do with actual performance? Well, the 3F-E never behaved like the 2F-E. It would rev ok, but it never felt like it was doing anything. The 2F-E revs better than I thought, and down low around town, it just feels like a tractor. I've had it off road too and it feels more fun and controlable.

tonkota said:
FJ60_cruiser: I'm not entirely sure about your question. .
sorry my english is not that good. :eek:
I was talking about the change in aceleration, driving around town and how does it runs in the highway but it seems really fast!! 95MPH:eek: what about the revs at this speed?

I can believe that...my 3fed 80 could do 85 for hours and hours....95 is not that hrad to believe...good work man.

Overall how hard was the conversion? I have an 88 FJ62 and I'd love to do something like the 2F-E in it. Did you do anything major to the 2F block? Are you running headers? A cam? anything exotic like that? (Forgive the questions). I'll have to start researching this for my rig.

Swap was really easy. look here:
http://www.steelnthings.com/TLCA/2Fswap/

Nothing spectacular. Balancing I feel was important and worth the money. Get the Toyota Trails magazine with the article in it.

FJ60 Cruiser: It's great around town. If I'm loaded, or unloaded, it feels the same for the most part. I think that the 31's also suck a little power, but it's not bad.

Revs at 95 weren't near redline (4500 RPM) I can run up to about 70 in third.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom