2F 4bbl Offenhauser Intake carb question (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

overlandmachines

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.rk45.org
Got '87 FJ60 with 4bbl Offy and a 36/32 Weber on top. I read all the threads on mud about Offy and seems like all agree that 32/36 is too small for it. It has issues starting, have to poor gas down the carb and keep on gas pedal until it warms up. I can try to rebuild it and possibly adjust linkage etc, but wondering what people who have dual port Offy running for carb? Seems like Holly 465/Edelbrock 500/ is the right choice for this intake, but there are clearance issues with brake booster? Or better to get Weber 38? Thanks in advance!
offy.jpg

Dangerous question with all the purist on here, but I will weigh in. I went with a Weber 38. Had to open the jets up just a bit to get rid of hesitation between gears and to be able to idle at the recommended 650-700. Before I did that I had dieseling when I would shut the engine off. It now starts, idles and runs great. Made the change when my smog pump went out and I desmogged. Added headers and deleted the cat at that same time. Pic is older...I have since deleted the heater under the seat and rerouted some of the coolant lines.
FJ60desmogfrmSpags1.jpeg

I guess the other option I haven't listed would be to go back to stock intake / desmogged Aisan carb?

that just seems wrong, you have the Offenhauser intake and then a weber on it.

I have a weber 38 if you want to go that route.

A chevrolet TBI fits on that intake with a cheap adapter plate as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom