2B, 33" tyres, aircon, but what r&p ratio? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.linkedin.com
13Sep2003 (UTC -7)

Somebody asked me this question, but I don't know enough to reply ???

What's a recommended r&p gearing for a stock 2B, with 33" tyres, aircon ? Thanks in advance!

4.11 is livable without too many hill starts. But the aircon really sucks it out of the b, so if theres not too much highway, higher would be nice.

i think

Assuming he has 4.11 now and the stock tire size was 28", a 4.88 will bring him back to the factory state. His speedometer will also read correctly again. Hi Drexx!

Dave

stock size was more likely to be 32" for that area, same as here. Stock R&P would have been 4.11 or similar. So 33 isn't too much of a change. It will should run close to what it did with standard tyres.

Its a Bj41 is it?

14Sep2003 (UTC -7)

(Hiya Dave! Got your call the other week, thanks for the greetz. My wife finally gave birth :D :D :D Our baby got her first ride in the 'Cruiser. :) )

Thank y'all for your replies. Yup, it's a BJ-40 from back home, and I passed your replies to the owner I'm trying to help.

So basically, the stock 4.11's will do a pretty good job of turning the 33's? How would I know the axle ratio? Is there a tag or plate somewhere? Or does one go the redneck way and jack it up to turn the tires? :beer:

So basically, the stock 4.11's will do a pretty good job of turning the 33's? How would I know the axle ratio? Is there a tag or plate somewhere? Or does one go the redneck way and jack it up to turn the tires? :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom