24V high output alternator with vacuum pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RBC

Threads
Hi,
This is my first post here so hope this hasn't been answered before.
I am looking at getting a 24V high output alternator with the brake vacuum pump on the rear.
I have the old shape BJ47 (diesel) series with a 13B Toyota engine. However, I can possibly adapt it to fit provided it has the vacuum pump attached.
Alternatively, is there another option for running the brake vacuum pump if I bought an alternator without the pump?
Thanks for the help.
Cordially
Richard

Holy crap Richard, you are all the way out in Zambia!
You should be able to source the alternator without an issue. Check online parts resources.
Maybe someone else can chime in as well.

If you're not running an A/C compressor consider sticking with your existing alternator and adding a second (generic) 24V alternator if you have a pulley available, some fabrication of a mounting setup would be required.

If you're not running an A/C compressor consider sticking with your existing alternator and adding a second (generic) 24V alternator if you have a pulley available, some fabrication of a mounting setup would be required.
I have a 12v alt there. Pretty easy to do

Many thanks for such quick replies. I think I am going to go with adding an alternator which should give me what I need. Yes, I am in Zambia. We do a 4x4 race every year to raise money for conservation. It is a pretty cool event. Called the Elephant Charge. You basically have ten GPS points and the winner is the vehicle who gets between the point in the shortest distance within the allotted time. We came short last year with draining our batteries too quickly that we couldn't use the winch any longer. We are also putting in Diff Lock axles from an 80 series.
Thanks again. May have more questions down the line.

Great to read that!! LEt us know more! We want to see pictures. Have been to Africa 3 times, it stole my heart.

Great to read that!! Let us know more! We want to see pictures. Have been to Africa 3 times, it stole my heart.
Sorry I have been out of town for a while. I will try find some pics and send! In total the event has raised over 1,000,000 U$ for conservation. I have done some more research on the above and found some old threads on this website too. I may look at getting a regular high output alternator and fitting an electric vacuum pump for the brakes. Just need to find the right electric pump as there are some conflicting opinions on it it seems!

Great to read that!! LEt us know more! We want to see pictures. Have been to Africa 3 times, it stole my heart.

72C4E117-5B39-4448-94B3-0DE05608DFD1.jpeg

4A97C64D-A3D8-4B5C-B0DD-F4BB09B2DF11.jpeg

DB9C208A-417C-47B8-8CE3-E04E4FC860CC.jpeg

B5F19E37-7670-4B2E-83C5-175EDB8CA551.jpeg

04967F68-C8BB-4E13-98EB-C47AC9D7C4FD.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom