‘22+ infotainment screen low refresh rate flicker? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got a ‘23 GX460 and I noticed the screen has low refresh rate flicker that is very noticeable looking at dead center head on and less noticeable from certain angles like from the corner of your eye (in your peripheral vision while driving)

it seems unlikely that Lexus would use such a cheap screen with a low refresh rate (<50hz) so maybe I have a defective unit.

Anyone else notice this?

What are you "refreshing" on it when it's flickering? Dynamic movement like backup camera, video or just a static image (climate, setup, audio, etc) is flickering?
What does the dealer say??

Mine's always done this since new. Only noticed it when I wasn't looking straight at, just my peripheral vision only. I guess my eyes have tuned it out or something because I don't notice it anymore.

What are you "refreshing" on it when it's flickering? Dynamic movement like backup camera, video or just a static image (climate, setup, audio, etc) is flickering?
What does the dealer say??
This is a smart question - I have only identified it on CarPlay and on the Lexus Navigation. I'm going to take a more structured set of notes (what level brightness, what apps, what's running in the car at the same time etc)

I mentioned it to sales and they never heard of it and said they would fit me into service ASAP but I want to be able to reproduce it reliably first.

Oddly I couldn't reproduce the very obvious hum/flicker yesterday, was very faint.

Reactions: r2m
Mine's always done this since new. Only noticed it when I wasn't looking straight at, just my peripheral vision only. I guess my eyes have tuned it out or something because I don't notice it anymore.
Dam - it's hard to kind of explain - to some people maybe it makes more sense explaining it as perceiving a hum/vibration. Did you ask the dealership about it?

Dam - it's hard to kind of explain - to some people maybe it makes more sense explaining it as perceiving a hum/vibration. Did you ask the dealership about it?
Nope. Realistically it's not a defect. Just the screen Lexus has chosen. Not going to pay for a diag fee so a tech can sit on his ass for an hour and put the initials "NPF" on the line in the work order. Plus out of everyone that's ridden or driven in my car I'm the only one that's ever noticed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom