21 Road (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can an 80 handle the Colorado 21 Road?

Crap, I'm running 33's with armor. I'm okay with taking some bypasses and playing camera guy, but I also need to drive it home after. I made it through Chinaman Gulch last year after the flash flood but only went part way on Holly Cross because I didn't have my tcase skid on yet.

Jay

I have been on 21 Road two or three times with my 85' on 36's. You might be able to do the early sections of 21 Road with an 80 on 33's. Fullnelson would be a good person to ask.

You might want to check this out if you haven't already....
TrailDamage.com - 21 Road

I have been on 21 Road two or three times with my 85' on 36's. You might be able to do the early sections of 21 Road with an 80 on 33's. Fullnelson would be a good person to ask.

You might want to check this out if you haven't already....
TrailDamage.com - 21 Road

Thanks, that description helps a bunch.

Jay

It changes a lot, but you should have plenty to play on in the earlier parts if you stay out of the wash. Eventually the canyon gets narrow enough that you have to go in the wash if you continue. This can be doable or not for your vehicle depending on conditions. We have been having a lot of rain this week, but don't let that discourage you. It should be obvious when you need to turn around.

Happy trails,

Chris

It changes a lot, but you should have plenty to play on in the earlier parts if you stay out of the wash. Eventually the canyon gets narrow enough that you have to go in the wash if you continue. This can be doable or not for your vehicle depending on conditions. We have been having a lot of rain this week, but don't let that discourage you. It should be obvious when you need to turn around.

Happy trails,

Chris

October 2 is the planned day, so I guess a lot could change on conditions. I have no problem parking the rig and playing camera guy if things get to ugly, I just want to experience enough to be worth an 8hr. drive.

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom